Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Auto hot key  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

MAINSTREAM
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MAINSTREAMAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2012
Total Posts : 110

Posted 9/26/2016 6:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi I'm interested in getting this application and using with finale 2012
But I'm a newbe could some give me a bullet point dummies guide to getting auto hot key
How to use it with finale
So that I might do my research/homework
I use a laptop I'm on Windows 10
Can I use the auto hot key for all finale commands ?
Thanks

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 9/26/2016 6:32 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I and others here use or have used it. Not for the faint of heart, and some programming chops definitely help, but it can be useful. There are often timing issues that must be addressed by inserting intentional delays. But you can have it do anything you can do with keyboard or mouse. Feel free to ask questions here, but my advice is that if you can do it instead with TG Tools menu shortcuts or Finalescript, you will save yourself a lot of grief, since those are part of Finale and don't have the timing issues. Finale itself lets you program hotkeys in certain situations as well.

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

MAINSTREAM
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MAINSTREAMAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2012

Posted 9/26/2016 6:37 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think that might well be sound advise
Because obviously you can't use it to enter notation
On that subject
Is speedy entry plus midi keyboard the best way to enter notes
I some times find I have a speed issue
Or when I think I have entered a note I look up and for some reason I have a rest !!
Is that a finale bug !!!
Thanks

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 9/26/2016 7:52 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Probably not a bug.

What's best depends on the individual. If you're doing piano music, for example, with lots of chords, MIDI entry is definitely faster, since you can enter the who chord as once. It also depends on your keyboard skills. A lot of people get fast using QWERTY (A,B,C, etc. keys) entry. One thing I think I can say for certain is that using the mouse is slow, so take the time to train yourself to use one kind of keyboard or the other.

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

MAINSTREAM
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2012

Posted 9/26/2016 7:54 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes indeed tried hyperscribe
Not again !!!

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 9/26/2016 8:41 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you use the QWERTY keyboard, either Speedy or Simple are fine. With a MIDI keyboard, it would depend on your chops!

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Daz
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DazAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 1723

Posted 9/26/2016 9:00 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi

Mike Rosen said...
With a MIDI keyboard, it would depend on your chops!

I'd advise against it. The grease gets into the keys!

Cheers...

Daz. :o)

------------------------
Finale 2006-2011, Finale 25 - Win7 64 bit
Core2 Duo i7-4790, 16Gb Ram, Soundblaster Z