Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Playback Controls Home Button Not working  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Michaelb_uk
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michaelb_ukAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 103

Posted 12/23/2016 11:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello,

Using Finale 25.2 with windows 10. On the 'Playback Controls' the 'Home' (far left-pointing double arrowhead) button doesn't work on my system. If I move to any place in my score to play a few measures then stop and try to go back to the beginning using the mentioned button, nothing happens.

A work around for me is to use the 'End' (far right-pointing double arrow head) button, which works and takes me to the end of the score, then use the 'Home' button to go to the beginning. The 'Rewind' and 'Fast-forward buttons also work ok, it's just the 'Home' button not working properly here.

I know it's no biggy and I can use the other buttons, I'm just wondering if this happens for anyone else or is it just on my system?

Thanks.

Derrek
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DerrekAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2347

Posted 12/23/2016 11:55 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
IIRC both the problem and your solution have been mentioned before. So yes, others have encountered the situation.

Finale 2014.5, Finale 25.1 - Windows 7 (64-bit)
GPO 5, JABB 3, World Instruments
TG Tools Full, (Sonar Platinum, Dorico)

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” — Groucho Marx

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 12/23/2016 12:44 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't have v25, but in 2014 you have to use "Playback Settings / Playback Region / Always start at current counter setting" in order for |<< to work. But then to start anywhere in the middle of a piece you need to type in a measure number, which is not very friendly. So I use "Start at leftmost measure" instead and use Home (the Windows Button, not the playback controls) if I want to go to the beginning.

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, 32-bit
MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

Post Edited (Motet) : 12/23/2016 11:57:49 AM (GMT-6)

Michaelb_uk
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michaelb_ukAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 103

Posted 12/23/2016 12:58 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Derek and Motet,

Thanks for your replies, it's much appreciated.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/23/2016 3:39 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The workaround for this in v25 is to press the button to forward to the end, then the button to return to the beginning. They have documented this bug and hope to fix it, someday, which might mean years, from past experience. We hope that is not the case. Playback from current counter setting has its uses, so one would hope for it to be fixed.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, 25.2

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 12/23/2016 3:45 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Finale: Upgrade at Your Peril ™

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, 32-bit
MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart