Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > The Future  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Ron.
Composer

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Ron.'s website.Send a Private Message to Ron.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8828

Posted 12/31/2016 7:48 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You are working on a tight deadline when you run into a show-stopping problem. You are near panic-stricken. You look up MM's support phone number. Not there. Telephone support has ended. You go to MM's user forum and post your problem, hoping someone will respond. If this happened before December 31, 2016, chances are good that someone will respond and give you a detailed fix within minutes. If this happened after Dec 31, 2016, you post and wait, and wait, and wait.

Yesterday I received two email notices that someone from MM staff had responded to a couple of questions on their new and wonderful forum. Trouble is, those questions were posted in August. Can you afford to wait four months for a response to your urgent request?

That is what the future holds for us.

I will miss being a part of this wonderful community.

Fare thee well.

Finale 25.2

GPO5, JaBB3, GIO, COMB2, GWI, GIFF, Steinway Basic.

Windows 7; 10 GB RAM.

www.composeforums.com

johnmouse
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to johnmouseAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 849

Posted 12/31/2016 8:26 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I signed up on the other Finale forum. MM has made a huge mistake here. They obviously don't value their customers' opinions. Thanks, Ron (and others) for all your input and insight on this forum over the past years!

John

Finale 2012/2014 (Well, it's installed.)
M-Audio KeyRig 49
Desktop: Windows 8.1/i5 Core/8 Gig RAM
Laptop: Windows 7/i3 Core/6 Gig RAM

Gareth Green
Player of fine trumpets

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Gareth GreenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2001
Total Posts : 2943

Posted 12/31/2016 8:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My last post here. Just registered on Finaleforum.com; hope to see you all over there.

Gareth J. Green

Fin25
Windows 10 (under duress ... )

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 12/31/2016 9:34 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Farewell to you all. Being part of this forum has been a truly important part of my life for over a decade.

Happy New Year to everyone, and I'll see you on the other side. (Finaleforum.com) :p

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Andreo Basisto
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Andreo BasistoAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 125

Posted 12/31/2016 10:03 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings all!

This is also my last post here and I look forward to further help on the FinaleForum from Zuill, Peter, Wiggy, Motet, Mike and many others in the years to come. I have learnt so much from this Forum – I am heartbroken to see it axed.

To Adam Wig (Director Customer Success), Michael Johnson (Vice President, Professional Notation) and Fred Flowerday (Senior Vice President, Product Strategy), I hope you realise that you have made a monumental faux pas in the closing of this forum.

Andreo Basisto

Finale 3.1, 98, 2000, 2011b

Win 10 (64 bit)

ttw
Registered Member

Click to send ttw email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ttwAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 776

Posted 12/31/2016 10:57 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'll be gone for a few weeks. See everyone (I hope) on FinaleForum. I'll start checking there (unless I have net access while travelling.)

Finale 2014.5, 25
GWI, GPO4, GPO5, JABB 3, Steinway Basic, COMB2

Windows 10 Pro HP Envy Desktop
Windows 10 Home HP Portable

ttw
Registered Member

Click to send ttw email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ttwAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 776

Posted 12/31/2016 10:59 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On a more cheerful note. "New Coke" did get replaced by "Coke Classic" AKA "Coca Cola" later. Companies can admit a mistake and make a change. MM needs little work to effect such a change.

Finale 2014.5, 25
GWI, GPO4, GPO5, JABB 3, Steinway Basic, COMB2

Windows 10 Pro HP Envy Desktop
Windows 10 Home HP Portable

Zoots
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZootsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 385

Posted 12/31/2016 11:07 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't really think the end is near as long as a critical mass of the active participants of this forum move over to finaleforum.com and from the names I see there and the posts made here, I'd say it is happening.

It is the users that made this forum valuable and little more. MM wasn't really much of a participant on this forum concerning solutions to problems so that isn't any loss. A quick visit to the Zendesk forum which is likely to happen by somebody will gather any "news" from MM and post it to the finaleforum.

I guess this is my last post on this forum too. Thanks for the help and info everyone has provided here and see you over at finaleforum.

Finale 2012c
JABB3/Aria

Smartscore Pro X2

Windows 10

Intel i7 with more than I need

Post Edited (Zoots) : 12/31/2016 10:10:01 AM (GMT-6)

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/31/2016 11:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't know if this will be my last post, but let's see. 2016 has been a big year of change for me. Despite all the major changes (losing my teaching job of 22 years being one of the bigger ones), by the Grace of God I am looking to the future. MakeMusic closing this forum, in the bigger scheme of things, as annoying as it is, is not the end of life as we know it. I am learning, again, that for every setback, there is a future event that brings greater reward and accomplishment. So, as we all adjust, let's look to a brighter future, and a productive and rewarding 2017.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, 25.2

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Perotinus
"The ends of the earth have seen it all!"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to PerotinusAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 199

Posted 1/1/2017 1:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Probably my last, and duplicated elsewhere in this forum, too:

Bye, all... see you all on the other side (the enlightened, not the dark one).
Cheers and best wishes always, and happy new year.

Perotinus

Finale 2014.5
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit