Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Script or plug in to delete specific note from chord  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

olegnafinale
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to olegnafinaleAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2014
Total Posts : 3

Posted 6/16/2014 12:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi boys and girls. Can someone help me with a script or give me the name of a plugin that will allow me to delete a specific note from a chord. The excellent JW plugins have a facility to change one note to another but I need to be able to delete the specific note. I have prepared a .mus file containing many permutations of a Cdom13 chord. Each bar contains one chord. I Wish to delete the 11th notes (F) and the 9th notes (D) from the existing file. Thanks for your help in advance. Cheers.............

KennethKen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit KennethKen's website.Send a Private Message to KennethKenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 2570

Posted 6/16/2014 11:03 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
JW Staff Polyphony / Chord Lines/ Delete / Custom lines from (top/bottom)

Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Finale 2014, Core i7 2700K@3.50Ghz, 8GB Ram
Brass music, Woodwind Music, Concert Band Music, CDs, etc.

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 3638

Posted 6/16/2014 11:56 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What Ken says might work, but I am working on a JWLua script that will do the job much easier.  I will post it when I get the UI a little more developed.  Hang in there.

PS: Attached is the JWLua script.  Download it to somewhere on your system.  You must also download and install the beta JWLua plug-in before you can use the script.

http://www.finaletips.nu/index.php/download/category/28-beta-version

A quick way to get started after downloading and installing the plug-in is to open the JWLua script, click on the Development tab, and then click on the open button and navigate to where you saved the script.  The script will open in the development window and can be run by clicking the "Run script" button.  Later you will want to learn to use the Explorer and Manager tabs.

Any problems, let me know.  Enjoy!

PPS:  Seems like I neglected to account for layers and voices.  I am working on a new revision that will account for those.  I am also "improving" the UI to make it more manageable to choose the note.  I will update the attachment when I am done.

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!"

Dell XPS 600, GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz [Intel64 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4] (2 processors)
8GB Ram
HT Omega Striker 7.1
MSI N430GT 2GB GPU
2 2TB and 2 4TB internal SATA HD's

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition, (06.01.7600.00)
Finale versions: 2011b.r2, 2012c.r13, 2014b.v4471

GPO4

"There is a world of difference between a person who has a big problem and a person who makes a problem big." – John Maxwell

Post Edited (Charles Lawrence) : 6/17/2014 5:10:10 PM (GMT-5)

File Attachment :
delchordnote.lua   7KB (text/plain)
This file has been downloaded 406 time(s).

olegnafinale
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to olegnafinaleAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2014

Posted 6/18/2014 12:06 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thank you Ken and Charles for your response. I have tried the JW Staff Polyphony plugin but the notes that I want to remove vary in their location from the top and bottom in each bar. For instance if you had several inversions of a particular chord, each note of the chord would vary in position relative to the top line or bottom line.

I will try Charles's suggestion and see how I go. Once again, thank you both for your help..........Cheers............Angelo

olegnafinale
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2014

Posted 6/18/2014 12:45 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Charles's script to delete specific notes is very flexible and works great. Charles, would it be possible to add a facility to delete, say, the D note from a chord, irrespective of its vertical position in a chord, or midi note number?..........Cheers.........Angelo

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 3638

Posted 6/18/2014 8:22 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Angelo,

Glad you found the script useful, but it lacks a few necessary enhancements.

Yes I think it is possible and I will try to add such a facility to my script, but it will take a while.  I am currently adding the ability to choose which layers to delete from, delete only if layer is visible, delete in voice2, and delete if note is hidden.  I will post back when I get finished.  This project seems to grow and get more complex in order to cover all the scenarios properly.  But such is life for a programmer.  Start out simplistic and then expand.

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!"

Dell XPS 600, GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz [Intel64 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4] (2 processors)
8GB Ram
HT Omega Striker 7.1
MSI N430GT 2GB GPU
2 2TB and 2 4TB internal SATA HD's

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition, (06.01.7600.00)
Finale versions: 2011b.r2, 2012c.r13, 2014b.v4471

GPO4

"There is a world of difference between a person who has a big problem and a person who makes a problem big." – John Maxwell