Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Change in Forum Location  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
59 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 12/11/2016 4:38 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I thought I had joined the Finaleforum moderated by Mike and Peter, but I couldn't see that I had. So I did. It is hard on my eyes as well (like the MakeMusic new forum) as it doesn't have clearly defined borders around things, so the ads sort of run into the posts. But there are many other features that work well. I wanted to change my user name, but couldn't find a way or a faq about it. Here, my login name is one thing, and my user name another, but not on the Finaleforum. Oh well. It looks like I might migrate to that one. I find the new MakeMusic forum somewhat juvenile. Quite limited. Probably designed for those who grew up using all the "eye candy" needed to keep ones attention when ones attention span is short.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Win 7 64bit, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5, 25.2

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

John Iafrate
Registered Member

Click to send John Iafrate email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John IafrateAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2001
Total Posts : 504

Posted 12/12/2016 10:34 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I agree with Zuill. It's decorative instead of functional. That's what's frustrating on Apple's website as well.

John
Finale 2012c Finale 25.1
Mac Pro 3.2 - 16GB(Ram) OSX 10.8.5, 10.9, 10.11.6

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 12/14/2016 2:29 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I wonder, when this forum is locked, if we can still send PMs.

Zuill

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 12/14/2016 6:34 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't know. I couldn't find a way.

Maybe we need to trade e-mails before it's too late.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Ebony Ivory
On Ebony And Ivory I'll Tinkle All Day Long

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ebony IvoryAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 4594

Posted 12/21/2016 7:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My main comments are also on the Windows side, but let me just repeat one very important point:

Right now, you have ALL your users in ONE place: do you REALLY think it's a good idea to disperse them amongst, QUOTE: "These include Facebook, SHSU, Twitter, Yahoo and various other forums and blogs"?

Scatter your userbase to the world? Sorry, old boy, but this is CRAZY.

Brian

Shnootre
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ShnootreAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2000
Total Posts : 952

Posted 12/21/2016 9:27 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is such a sad mistake. I'm going to the Finale Forum - lotsa familiar names, though a different interface.

One thing I love about the long history of this forum - and my long participation in it - is the ability to dig up very old posts of mine and contribute solutions. I've been planning a long update to a midi thread I started in the late spring - to share 6 months of intensive investigation and learning on the mysteries of Human Playback and the midi tool (which neither the Finale user manual nor Finale tech support is very good at addressing). The idea that this will just be a closed archive is a shame.

Daniel Sonenberg
Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
OSX 10.9.4
16 gig ram
GPO4 full and JABB3
A bunch of sample libraries
Finale 25
Logic X

Gary the T
[Funny comment here.]

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Gary the TAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2000
Total Posts : 710

Posted 12/23/2016 11:57 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am not on Facebook, and will absolutely never be there, or on any other type of social media.

Add me to the long list of users who think that this is about as bad an idea ever to come from MakeMusic.

Mobile: 17" MBP (2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 10.10.5), True Systems Precision 8, MH LIO-8
Home: Mac Pro (2x2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Westmere", 32 GB RAM; 10.10.5; boot drive 960 GB Mercury Accelsior_E2 PCIe card), OMNI, MH ULN-2, MOTU 8pre
PT HDN 12.6; REAPER 5+ (32 & 64-bit); PreSonus Studio One 3 Pro, Central Station Plus, and FaderPort
WAY too many plugins and VIs; Sound Forge Pro; WaveLab 8.5
Finale 2014d

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 12/23/2016 2:34 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dan and Gary,
Come join us at finaleforum.com.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Zuill
"The Troll"

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 1/1/2017 10:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Let's get at least one post in this thread on this old forum in the new year.

Happy New Year!

Zuill