Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Anything similar to TGTools/Layout/Copy System Optimization?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Fred G. Unn
Registered Member

Click to send Fred G. Unn email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Fred G. UnnAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2002
Total Posts : 1268

Posted Today 6:57 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The title pretty much says it all. I used to use TGTools/Layout/Copy System Optimization a lot when working on long scores, but it's broken in Fin25. Is there any similar way to copy the individual staff spacing from one system to another? Jari doesn't have anything, right? I have to send a 361 page score to the printer tomorrow, and this would really be a timesaver!

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted Today 7:26 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Respace Staves command is useful, and works on the currently selected region, but you'll need to do each staff in turn if you want different values.

If the region is continuous, select the region and then drag the anchor of the staff with the correct spacing up a bit and then back down. All the selected staves will fall in line.

Finale v.25.1, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6 / 10.12.1)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

N. Grossingink
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to N. GrossinginkAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 3991

Posted Today 7:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm sure you're aware that the plugin works in all 2014 versions. Would you lose any formatting by opening the file in 2014 and doing the work there? Would it be possible to easily restore what was lost?

N.

OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
Finale 2011c, 2012c for production work

Finale 2014.5, not used by my clients

(Finale v25 - not interested yet)

TgTools, Patterson Plugins, JW Change and Staff Polyphony, QuicKeys 4
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel, 8GB RAM
New Belgium Fat Tire Ale

"At last, fortissimo!"
–Gustav Mahler, on visiting Niagara Falls

Harpsi
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to HarpsiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 495

Posted Today 7:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is opening in 2014.5 and doing the TG thing there an option?

Finale 2014.5, Win 10, Korg M1, Oxygen 25

Fred G. Unn
Registered Member

Click to send Fred G. Unn email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Fred G. UnnAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2002
Total Posts : 1268

Posted Today 9:01 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dr. Wiggy said...
The Respace Staves command is useful, and works on the currently selected region, but you'll need to do each staff in turn if you want different values.

If the region is continuous, select the region and then drag the anchor of the staff with the correct spacing up a bit and then back down. All the selected staves will fall in line.

Yeah, I always get a good default vertical spacing layout in Scroll View, (this is orchestra + chorus & solo trio) then in Page view do Respace/Set to Scroll View. That gives a reasonably good starting point, but I'm still left hand tweaking each page of course.

N. Grossingink said...
I'm sure you're aware that the plugin works in all 2014 versions. Would you lose any formatting by opening the file in 2014 and doing the work there? Would it be possible to easily restore what was lost?

N.

Harpsi said...
Is opening in 2014.5 and doing the TG thing there an option?

Great idea! The thought of going between two different versions scares the hell out of me, but I'll be sure to have everything copied and backed up and give it a try. Thanks! Has anyone encountered any problems when doing this before?

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted Today 9:59 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Fred G. Unn said...

Yeah, I always get a good default vertical spacing layout in Scroll View, (this is orchestra + chorus & solo trio) then in Page view do Respace/Set to Scroll View. That gives a reasonably good starting point, but I'm still left hand tweaking each page of course.

I use it in Page View to set distances on individual systems or regions.

Fred G. Unn said...
Great idea! The thought of going between two different versions scares the hell out of me, but I'll be sure to have everything copied and backed up and give it a try. Thanks! Has anyone encountered any problems when doing this before?

New features don't survive the transition, so dashed slurs or the new transposing schemes will be converted.

Finale v.25.1, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6 / 10.12.1)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk