Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Text expressions in Finale 2010  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Patrick Rice
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Patrick Rice's website.Send a Private Message to Patrick RiceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 1999
Total Posts : 119

Posted Yesterday 8:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have a plug in that combines all the measures in a selected region into a single measure. It accomplishes this with two loops. The first looks at each measure in the region and sums the number of beats (measureSpec.beats) and the the measure width beatChartElement.posi. The second loop sets the number of beats and the measure width on each measure to the totals calculated before. I then call FX_RebarRegion. This puts all the notes from the region into the first measure. It works beautifully in Finale 2008. When I run it in 2010, all the text expressions disappear. I know that text expressions changed with Finale 2009, so the internal structures and flags must have changed also. Can anyone give me a clue as to what to look at? Or will I need to stick with 2008 until the new PDK comes out and explains what I need to do. Any word on that front Andrew?????? I'm almost ready to send 2010 back!

Pat

Patrick Rice
Transcriber - Engraver
www.pdreditions.com

Jari Williamsson
Registered Member

Click to send Jari Williamsson email.Click to visit Jari Williamsson's website.Send a Private Message to Jari WilliamssonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 3246

Posted Today 3:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Patrick Rice said...
I have a plug in that combines all the measures in a selected region into a single measure. It accomplishes this with two loops. The first looks at each measure in the region and sums the number of beats (measureSpec.beats) and the the measure width beatChartElement.posi. The second loop sets the number of beats and the measure width on each measure to the totals calculated before. I then call FX_RebarRegion. This puts all the notes from the region into the first measure. It works beautifully in Finale 2008. When I run it in 2010, all the text expressions disappear. I know that text expressions changed with Finale 2009, so the internal structures and flags must have changed also. Can anyone give me a clue as to what to look at? Or will I need to stick with 2008 until the new PDK comes out and explains what I need to do. Any word on that front Andrew?????? I'm almost ready to send 2010 back!

Finale's own Rebar feature also doesn't move expressions (and much other measure-attached data) with the music.

On Fin2010, try to read the expressions as measure-attached expressions (using a Fin2008 FXT version parameter) and move them back to the previous measure after the FX_RebarRegion call.

Jari Williamsson

Windows XP, Pentium 4
2.40 GHz, 4 GB RAM

www.finaletips.nu - The Finaletips Productivity Tips site

Patrick Rice
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Patrick Rice's website.Send a Private Message to Patrick RiceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 1999
Total Posts : 119

Posted Today 5:10 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks Jari, I'll try that.

Patrick Rice
Transcriber - Engraver
www.pdreditions.com