Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > I searched the archives...MIDI Keyboard delay  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Jake Willis
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jake WillisAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 11

Posted 3/4/2006 12:43 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am connecting my old Yamaha PSR-248 via MidiSport USB adapter on my new PC to 2006b. When I was a music teacher, I was able to use a similar setup easily to input music for my band. Now, I am having a problem due to every not I play having half of a beat lag. If I play everything half a beat early, it is entered fine.

I searched the forum looking for answers and found something about fixing my MIDI latency input settings and some other info. It seems like a pretty common problem when using a midi USB connection. Does anyone have a fix for this or do I have to contact Tech?

AMD Athlon 3500+, 1.0GB memory Finale 2006

Davidmorehead
Registered Member

Click to send Davidmorehead email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DavidmoreheadAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 2203

Posted 3/4/2006 12:53 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I have never had this problem so I am only guessing...

Try different midi latency settings...

Midi/midi setup/show advanced/midi in latency

David Morehead

Jake Willis
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jake WillisAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 11

Posted 3/4/2006 12:09 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK - so it only is a problem when I am adding something to a larger file (I am trying to add percussion to a HS fight song)

weird

AMD Athlon 3500+, 1.0GB memory Finale 2006

wrayer
Registered Member

Click to send wrayer email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to wrayerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 1999
Total Posts : 144

Posted 3/5/2006 1:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It could be your sound card. Depending on the quality (how good a sound card you have) the delay could be caused by the latency of your sound card. I have a rather 'cheap' soundcard that's built into the motherboard and my latency is almost a second making it very difficult to enter parts via the keyboard. The better the latency feature on your sound card, the faster the computer and the card can talk, the quicker you can enter data via the midi interface to your sound card.

I know, as clear as mud! But, I am pretty sure that is what is causing your delay.

Bill