Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Jari: please hurry! we desperately need your plugins  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
27 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michel R. E.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2003
Total Posts : 7430

Posted 9/28/2016 10:16 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm at that crucial point where I REALLY need the JWChange plugin, along with the Yaddayadda Tremolo plugin.

If anyone knows, would the plugins from 32 bit Finale work still in the 64 bit version of Finale?

Finale (started with ver. 3.0) using 2012 (2014 has been shelved for its lack of support for older Garritan libraries) under Windows 8.1
basically ALL Garritan libraries, plus XSample Chamber Ensemble.

"Art critics suffer from Pigeon Syndrome. Pigeons like to leave their mark on monuments. But at the end of the day, the pigeon remains a pigeon, and the monument remains a monument."

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 9/28/2016 10:46 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The JW plug-ins are indeed wonderful, but meanwhile, you can do without Yada Yada for the most part by redefining the articulations properly, and having a separate one (or more) for whole notes. Here's what I do:

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
0001.png
  281KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 489 time(s).

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michel R. E.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2003

Posted 9/28/2016 11:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
what measurement units are you using?

Finale (started with ver. 3.0) using 2012 (2014 has been shelved for its lack of support for older Garritan libraries) under Windows 8.1

"Art critics suffer from Pigeon Syndrome. Pigeons like to leave their mark on monuments. But at the end of the day, the pigeon remains a pigeon, and the monument remains a monument."

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 9/28/2016 11:37 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
EVPUs.

Windows 7, MIDI input

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2003

Posted 9/28/2016 11:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The JW plugin, however, automatically deals with tremolos on notes where the stem may be too short, or where there are ledger lines.
I tried your numbers, and they look good as long as the notes are close enough to the staff.

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 9/29/2016 1:43 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jari has a donation link on the plug-in Downloads page. I'm told that money can often act as an incentive. Have you tried that?

Finale v.25, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.6)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 2232

Posted 9/29/2016 5:29 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Besides, as the file format of v25 is the same as 2014.5 (I just hope that you kept it), you coud open your file in 2014.5, apply the plug-ins, save the file et continue your work in v.25.

Michel
Finale 2014.5, 2012c (main), MacOsX 10.11.6, Mac Mini Intel Core i7 2,7 Ghz, 16 Go Ram, French azerty kb, Dolet 6. Full TGTools. MOTU Audio Express, 3 monitors.

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2003

Posted 9/29/2016 6:40 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Michel, would that risk losing any layout changes? Are there any differences in how Finale 25 treats the notation that might "import" things from Finale 2014.5 that need to be corrected afterwards?

Dr. Wiggy

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 9/29/2016 6:46 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Michel R. E. said...
Michel, would that risk losing any layout changes? Are there any differences in how Finale 25 treats the notation that might "import" things from Finale 2014.5 that need to be corrected afterwards?

The risk to using older versions with the .musx format is that the older versions do not respect new features. So 2014.5 does not know about the new dashed slurs and replaces them all with the slurs that it knows about (can't remember if that's the dashes curves or standard slurs). Similarly, the option in 2014.5 for auto-double bars at key change is not known by 2014.0, which will save files without that option.

Otherwise, layout and everything should be identical.

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003

Posted 9/29/2016 8:08 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Michel R. E. said...

I didn't try it. Although i have v.25, I'm not using it yet (a.o. because the JW plug-ins, vital for me, too). I stick to 2014.5 and 2012c.
Like Wiggy says, the new dashed slurs and a few minor things may be not recognized by 2014.5, but we can expect 99,9 % of the music to remain identical, including the layout. It would be interesting to see what the new dashed slurs become when imported in 2014.5. Wiggy, you seem to say that the slurs were converted ?
The only way to be sure is make some tests. If the file format is now the same, it would be a disturbing paradox if the same file would show differences when imported in the compatible versions...

P.S. : if we could identify the items that do not transfer correctly to 2014.5, we could wait to enter those at the end of the work in v.25.

Michel
Finale 2014.5, 2012c (main), MacOsX 10.11.6, Mac Mini Intel Core i7 2,7 Ghz, 16 Go Ram, French azerty kb, Dolet 6. Full TGTools. MOTU Audio Express, 3 monitors.

Post Edited (michelp) : 9/29/2016 8:13:36 AM (GMT-5)

Dr. Wiggy

Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 9/29/2016 8:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
michelp said...
Wiggy, you seem to say that the slurs were converted ?

Yes. 2014.5 does not preserve data from future versions: slurs will get converted on saving.

Motet
Isorhythmic

Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 9/29/2016 11:42 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Michel R. E. said...
The JW plugin, however, automatically deals with tremolos on notes where the stem may be too short, or where there are ledger lines.
I tried your numbers, and they look good as long as the notes are close enough to the staff.

JW Yada also helps when there are tremolos on beamed notes. For the music I do, however, the above settings work most of the time. I only occasionally run the plug-in, but it it certainly valuable then.

Windows 7, MIDI input

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 9/29/2016 1:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I use the Staff Polyphony quite a bit. And yes, I have "precontributed!"

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Bill Reed
Registered Member

Click to send Bill Reed email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill ReedAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2001
Total Posts : 1203

Posted 9/30/2016 7:16 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I haven't seen Jari post here for a long time. Has anyone been in touch?

Finale 25, Sibelius 8.3, Notion 56, Overture 5, Cubase 8.5
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choir and Pianos
August Forster 190

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2003

Posted 9/30/2016 7:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
While I love Jari's plugins and quite honestly have difficulty functioning without them, I have to say that the website for his plugins is awful.
There doesn't seem to be any way of reaching him through there. There's an email but he specifically notes that it is only for people who want to submit material to the website.
He then suggests using email lists and forums, but none of them are specifically his.
So in the end, no way to actually contact him, or get news, to get an idea of the time table on the new plugins.

Jolora
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JoloraAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2009
Total Posts : 684

Posted 10/1/2016 10:07 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Bill Reed said...
I haven't seen Jari post here for a long time. Has anyone been in touch?

Doesn't the fact that he has some demo-version v25-compatible plugins posted show he is working the issue. No telling what, if any, problems he's having, but for an effort that is largely pro-Bono for him, it doesn't seem too odd if he is behind on it.

Joe

Finale v1 through 2014.5
JW Plugins; TG Tools (Full)
Garritan GPO 4; GPO 5; Garritan COMB 2; Garritan JABB 3
Anvil Studio 2015 midi editor
PhotoScore Ultimate 8
Band-in-a-Box

Windows 10 64-bit, Intel i7-4771, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD (C Drive)

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2003

Posted 10/9/2016 9:59 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Today is exactly two months since the last update on the JW plugins.

Might we get some word as to how things are advancing? What sort of progress is being made?
And if none, does MakeMusic intend on taking over with these plugins and making them available to users?

Finale (started with ver. 3.0) using 2012 (2014 has been shelved for its lack of support for older Garritan libraries), putting Finale 25 through its paces.
Windows 8.1

Motet
Isorhythmic

Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 10/9/2016 10:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I thought it was going to be a straight-forward recompile.

Windows 7, MIDI input

Harpsi
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to HarpsiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 495

Posted 10/15/2016 6:06 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The thread is referring to JW plug-ins, not TG.

My work around for Michel's problem would be:

open the file in 2014.5
Run YadaYada
Save a copy
open in 25
Filter articulations
Select all and copy
Paste in original file

Finale 2014.5, Win 10, Korg M1, Oxygen 25

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2003

Posted 10/15/2016 10:28 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ah, Harpsi, that is an inventive approach.
I'll have to try it.

Finale (started with ver. 3.0) using 2012 (2014 has been shelved for its lack of support for older Garritan libraries), putting Finale 25 through its paces.
Windows 8.1

jange
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit jange's website.Send a Private Message to jangeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2013
Total Posts : 53

Posted 10/17/2016 6:01 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Michel, Jari actually has a mailing list that he hosts:
jwmusic.nu/jwplugins/wiki/doku.php?id=jwlua:mailinglistinfo
But indeed he hasn't been active on that list for quite some time either.

And he has a Facebook site:
/www.facebook.com/jwpluginsforfinale/

Michel R. E.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2003

Posted 10/17/2016 7:01 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've posted twice now on the JW facebook page and there's been no response.
As for the mailing list, I'm already on it, and there hasn't been anything coming from that end either except the monthly reminder that I am on the list.

It would be important to know whether or not Jari is still working on these plugins. Some are nearly indispensable to working with Finale.
If money is the issue then he should just be up-front about it and ask for contributions (other than simply "donations").

If he has absolutely no interest in working on these plugins anymore then MakeMusic has to find a way of incorporating them into the basic plugin set that comes with Finale.

Windows 8.1

Motet
Isorhythmic

Date Joined Dec 2002

Posted 10/17/2016 8:00 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The silence from him is deafening.

Windows 7, MIDI input

Richard N.
Musician

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Richard N.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2001
Total Posts : 1424

Posted 10/18/2016 4:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The silence is broken..

finaletips.nu/index.php/download/category/43-64-bit-windows-plug-ins-test

Richard

Finale 2014.5 ~ S******* 8.3 ~ Sonar ~ Windows 10
Real Instruments = Rath custom R4F trombone ~ Bach Strad LT16MG Tenor Trombone ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet

michelp
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2003

Posted 10/18/2016 6:36 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The ZIP contains the following plug-ins (13) :

JW Accidentals
JW Category Sorter
JW Change Pitches
JW Copy Part Layout
JW Expand Region
JW Instrument Change
JW Live Sync
JW Measure Numbers
JW Meter and Rhythm
JW Pattern
JW Space Empty Rests
JW Staff Polyphony
JW Staff Set Panel

Michel
Finale v.25, 2014.5, 2012c (main), MacOsX 10.11.6, Mac Mini Intel i7 2,7 Ghz, 16 Go Ram, French azerty kb, Dolet 6. Full TGTools. MOTU Audio Express, 3 monitors.