Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > convertion from midi to sheet music  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

tomoc_99
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to tomoc_99AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2012
Total Posts : 3

Posted 5/30/2015 5:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Does finale (or protools for that matter) have a feature that can convert a midi file to music notation?
I have used finale a lot, but writing out "pop" type tunes correctly, with right accents is really difficult for me

Graeme Gilmore
Registered Member

Click to send Graeme Gilmore email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Graeme GilmoreAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2000
Total Posts : 371

Posted 5/30/2015 8:47 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I’m not sure if this answers part of your issues.

I think of “importing” a midi file, but Finale thinks of “opening” it.

File > open
Navigate to the location of the midi file.
Be sure the “Files of type” are “All readable files” or “MIDI File (*.mid)”
Select the file to open it.

Generally, a midi file only contains notes and staff names. Articulations or expressions may be implied but are not visible.

There are some Finale script commands that work with midi, but I have never used them. It seems you may be mainly interested in opening and working with the contents of a single midi file at a time.

If that is so, for further help, I suggest posting on either the Mac or Windows forums. This Finalescript forum is highly specialized and not so often visited. When you post, it is helpful if you include which version of Finale you are using.

Graeme

Finale 2014d v/5030, Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, GPO, TGTools, Patterson Plug-Ins, JW Plug-Ins