Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Audio waves staff  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

tarang
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to tarangAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2002
Total Posts : 139

Posted 5/10/2012 8:54 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello

Do you know how to show a staff line with audio waves shapes in the page view like the studio view?
I wish to transcribe a note for note piano improvisation performance over audio track.
And also, do you know how to create a video with followed score?

Thank you
oliver

Tarang

-----------------------

Windows XP
Finale 2008
Smartscore 3.0 pro

Jeanne R
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jeanne RAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 1251

Posted 5/11/2012 8:03 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
tarang said...
Do you know how to show a staff line with audio waves shapes in the page view like the studio view?
I wish to transcribe a note for note piano improvisation performance over audio track.

You can't do it in Page View and, unless you want to print the wave form, you don't need to.

You should look up "audio" in the Help file, but to get you started:
MIDI/Audio > Audio Track > Add
When you do that, you will be switched automatically to Studio View.

Now MIDI/Audio > Audio Track > Load Audio
and you will see a wave form.

tarang said...
And also, do you know how to create a video with followed score?

You mean you want a video that shows the cursor moving across the music? One of the leaders in the field is Camtasia Studio, and Adobe has something even more expensive I think. There is some freeware out there too if you're not ready to spend much money, but I can't speak to how powerful it is.

Jeanne
Win XP Pro, Finale 2008a, GPO 3
(sometimes MacBook OSX (10.4.11) with the same Finale)

tarang
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to tarangAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2002
Total Posts : 139

Posted 5/12/2012 11:58 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thank you Jeanne.
Yes, I know how to import an audio track into Finale but I need a printed score with that track.
The solution could be to create a blank staff and importing the waveform picture?
It remains to be seen how to create a picture of this waveform.
Concerning the video, yes, I is what I wanted to speak about. A video that shows the cursor moving across the music.
I will look for free screen recording softwares then.

Tarang

-----------------------

Windows 7
Finale 2011
Smartscore 3.0 pro

Jeanne R
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Jeanne RAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 1251

Posted 5/14/2012 7:57 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
tarang said...
Thank you Jeanne.
Yes, I know how to import an audio track into Finale but I need a printed score with that track.
The solution could be to create a blank staff and importing the waveform picture?
It remains to be seen how to create a picture of this waveform.
Concerning the video, yes, I is what I wanted to speak about. A video that shows the cursor moving across the music.
I will look for free screen recording softwares then.

You know how to take a screen shot? It's not highest quality and you'll probably need to piece together multiple images.

If you google "export image waveform" you'll see that you are not alone. There's software mentioned that I don't know and programming I wouldn't even think about getting involved with.
It's not free but you might look at Edison http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/plugins/Edison_3.htm if you have a big project and you need better quality than a patchwork of screen shots.

For video, google "video screen capture" if "recording" doesn't do it for you. I think the free ware is CamStudio.

Jeanne
Win XP Pro, Finale 2008a, GPO 3
(sometimes MacBook OSX (10.4.11) with the same Finale)