Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Renaming Score Staves To a Standard Format  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

JimmyG
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JimmyGAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 9

Posted 1/7/2015 12:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I use Finalescripts often. Sometime ago I copied a script that renamed the staves in my band scores to a more standard format, such as "1st Bb Clarinet" instead of "Clarinet in Bb 1." That script was lost when my old computer died. Can you help me rebuild that script or tell me where I can find it? Windows 2012

JimmyG - Teacher, Musician, Composer
Finale user since 1997
Finale 2010b on Windows Vista
"Ancora Imparo"

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 3638

Posted 1/7/2015 9:40 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Something like

search "Horn in F" replace with "French Horn"

should do it.

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!"

Dell XPS 600, GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz [Intel64 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4] (2 processors)
8GB Ram
HT Omega Striker 7.1
MSI N430GT 2GB GPU
2 2TB and 2 4TB internal SATA HD's

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition, (06.01.7600.00)
Finale versions: 2011b.r2, 2012c.r13, 2014d.v5030

GPO4

Cakewalk SONAR X3

"There is a world of difference between a person who has a big problem and a person who makes a problem big." – John Maxwell

JimmyG
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JimmyGAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 9

Posted 1/8/2015 8:46 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks, Charles. I was able to find the script file on my school computer. I had placed it there also. Basically similar to what Charles posted, it goes like these examples:

search whole word "Clarinet in E^b" and replace with "E^b Clarinet"
search whole word "Clarinet in B^b" and replace with "B^b Clarinet"
search whole word "Bass Clarinet" and replace with "B^b Bass Clarinet" (etc.)

Also, in the saxophone area:
search whole word "Alto Sax." and replace with "E^b Alto Saxophone" (etc.) (Note the period after "Sax.") (Being a saxophonist, I really detested this abbreviation that Finale normally produces in scores.)

And, in the brass area:
search whole word "Horn in F" and replace with "F Horn"
search whole word "Baritone (B.C.)" and replace with "Baritone T.C." (and other changes)

Unfortunately, Finale crashed each time I tried to edit this particular script. (Hmmm, that rarely happens.) sad But the script runs just fine.

JimmyG - Teacher, Musician, Composer
Finale user since 1997

Finale 2012 on Windows Vista

β€œTo study music we must learn the rules.
To create music we must break them.” Nadia Boulanger

Kelby
MakeMusic, Inc. Employee

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to KelbyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 69

Posted 1/13/2015 1:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Look at this blog post:

http://www.finalemusic.com/blog/using-finalescript-to-rename-staves-in-your-finale-score/

-K

Kelby Stine

Repertoire Development Music Engraver and Editor
MakeMusic, Inc.