Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Anyway to open specific template?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

mkelley
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mkelleyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002
Total Posts : 174

Posted 4/27/2004 11:30 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Now that the new patch has been posted I will assume my "open ftm" problem is fixed. However, is there anyway to specify a specific template or file be opened? If not, could this be considered for the next release?

I'm using template files to get around some of the limitations in FinaleScript (like changing MIDI setups) but being able to specify the file without having the Open dialog would be a lot more useful and powerful.

mkelley
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to mkelleyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002

Posted 4/27/2004 11:50 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ah, I guess I spoke too soon.

I downloaded the latest FinaleScript patch and put it in the right directory, but the "open ftm" still doesn't work (neither does "open template"). In either case I don't get a dialog box at all anymore (in the older version the dialog came up for all document choices).

I've tried:

open ftm
open 'ftm'
open template

none of which work for me. Now, I'd much rather open a "specific" template, but it would also be nice to get this working.

Michael Johnson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michael JohnsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2004
Total Posts : 1317

Posted 4/27/2004 3:35 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi mkelley --
I will document your request to be able to specify the name of the file to open. However, I can not reproduce the problem you describe of not opening ftm files.
Here are my steps.
Create a new script
//Script start
batch process folder
open Marching Band.ftm
//Script end
Set batch process folder to Finale 2k4b/templates/band templates
run script.
All templates in the folder are opened. It would be great to see only the Marching band template.
Sincerely,

Michael Johnson
QA Supervisor
MakeMusic!

mkelley
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2002

Posted 4/27/2004 3:51 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I usually don't do this, but I'll reply twice <g>.

Your example works probably because you are batch processing -- but what if you only want to process the currently open document?

Open works without batch processing, so open ftm should work the same way. Not everything needs (or wants) to be done in batch processing mode.

Michael Johnson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michael JohnsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2004
Total Posts : 1317

Posted 5/5/2004 2:11 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi mkelley--
I see your point and I can confirm that open <file type> only works in the batch process mode. I hope we can address the problem.
Sincerely,

Michael Johnson
QA Supervisor
MakeMusic!