Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Saving to prior versions  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

nadpete
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to nadpeteAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/3/2002 4:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

I'm new here.

Is there any way to save a Finale file in
a version earlier than the one currently
installed? I've got a friend that I want
to give some Finale charts to. He uses
98; I use 2002.

Peter Wilde

Dan Powers
Registered Member

Click to send Dan Powers email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dan PowersAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 1343

Posted 4/3/2002 7:53 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This question is raised often in this forum. Sadly, the answer is no.

Dan Powers
www.swanswingpress.com

TTBashore
Registered Member

Click to send TTBashore email.Click to visit TTBashore's website.Send a Private Message to TTBashoreAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 148

Posted 4/3/2002 8:41 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
See above, "Saving to earlier versions."

Skjalg
Accordion man

Click to send Skjalg email.Click to visit Skjalg's website.Send a Private Message to SkjalgAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2000
Total Posts : 927

Posted 4/3/2002 8:43 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Peter, why don't you tell your friend to download Finale Notepad 2002?

Skjalg

nadpete
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to nadpeteAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/3/2002 12:20 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Of course, I should have thought NotePad.

Thanks.

Kusel
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to KuselAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2002
Total Posts : 3

Posted 4/11/2002 1:32 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Try www.recordare.com. They have a free plug-in that does enable conversion between the recent versions of Finale. They change the file to an XML format file when you export it, and your friend can use the plugin to import the XML file. It is a work in progress, so there may be things you can't do that you consider vital, but it allows you both to work on the same piece of music and pass it back and forth. I think it is good for Finale versions from 98 to 2002, but check the site. They are due to release a new version just about now.