Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale 25 - nice butt...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Michael Mortilla
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Michael Mortilla's website.Send a Private Message to Michael MortillaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 2378

Posted 8/17/2016 3:07 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I purchased the upgrade and after two times of not launching, the third time it did. So far so good.

A couple of odd behaviors...

The most serious is exporting to a WAV file created a file that could not be read by Quicktime nor Digital Performer 9.1. I could open it in Audio Finder and export another WAV file that the other apps then accepted. I'll try an AIFF later. No big deal as there is an easy workaround. Must be an odd header in the file.

The Launch Window did show my previous scores, but the RECENT menu item under FILE did not. Once I tried to access a file (from a sleeping hard drive that Finale 25 could not find) the project files did appear under the RECENT menu, but the song i was looking for was gone, so I'm guessing it updated the recent list and decided it (ver 25) hadn't used it so it was off the list.

Playback was fine and sounded like it was written. The interface is MUCH smoother and I feel I'm being challenged now to keep up with the program instead of trying o wait for it to catch up.

So far I'm very please with the update. I'll be composing a work for an 18 piece jazz band this weekend and will put it thru it's paces, but I am not seeing any of the problems I've read here (slur collisions, crashing, etc). It's looks pretty good to me.

Os X 10.11.4
Mac Pro (2013) 32GB RAM; (and 2008 Mac Pro 8 core; 20GB RAM)
MOTU Track 16

Finale 2014.5; Digital Performer 9.02 [64 bit]

MIDI Life Crisis

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 8/17/2016 3:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Michael Mortilla said...
The Launch Window did show my previous scores, but the RECENT menu item under FILE did not. Once I tried to access a file (from a sleeping hard drive that Finale 25 could not find) the project files did appear under the RECENT menu, but the song i was looking for was gone, so I'm guessing it updated the recent list and decided it (ver 25) hadn't used it so it was off the list.

Known bug: the first time you access the Recent Files menu, it will be empty. Go back to it, and it will be populated.

"This is me helping."

Finale 2014.5, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.11.4)
Edirol FA-66; Roland A-49, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

Michael Mortilla
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Michael Mortilla's website.Send a Private Message to Michael MortillaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 8/17/2016 5:14 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Aha! I've discovered a known bug... LOL Thanks Wiggy. I've yet to see what's the deal with the movie window being removed and how that will work with my film scoring. Should be interesting...

Os X 10.11.4
MOTU Track 16

MIDI Life Crisis

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 8/17/2016 5:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm glad to hear it has a nice butt.

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

Michael Mortilla
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 8/17/2016 5:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Motet said...
I'm glad to hear it has a nice butt.

I was thinking a good proof reader would catch that... LOL

Os X 10.11.4
MOTU Track 16

MIDI Life Crisis