Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Transfering Finalescripts to new computer  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

eamusic
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to eamusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 7

Posted 2/7/2013 11:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Have a new computer and can't find where Finalescripts stores its script files. Found them on the old computer, put them on a hard drive, but now can't find where they are stored on the new computer.

Can't see internal HD anywhere and the search window doesn't seem to be searching correctly.

Any help is appreciated.

Eric Alexander
E. Anthony Music

eamusic
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to eamusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 2/8/2013 7:59 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I found my Finalescripts and have place them in the correct folder. But, when I open a document the Finalescripts are not in the Finalescript pallet.

I have done this process before and it has worked. I can't open the scripts to cut and paste them in a new file either.

Again, any help is appreciated.

Eric Alexander
E. Anthony Music

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 3638

Posted 2/9/2013 9:57 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Eric,

What version of Finale and what OS are you using?  Assuming you have Finale 2012 on Win7, the Finalescript files are found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MakeMusic\Finale 2012\Finalescript

Replace <username> with your login name.  Remember that the AppData directory is hidden from view by default on a Win7 system.  You must turn on the option to show hidden files in order to see it.  With a Windows Explorer window open, click on the Organize button in the toolbar.  Choose folder and search options.  Choose the View tab.  Select hidden files,  folders, and drives.  You may not want to leave this option on after you are finished.  That is your choice.

Also remember that Finalescript files are now stored in XML format in Finale 2012.  The older text script files can be copied to the new directory, but they will get converted to XML I think when they are used.  Not sure on that, but I think so.

After placing the scripts, you may need to restart Finale before they are seen.  Not sure on this either, but it can't hurt to do it.

Hope this helps.

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!"

Dell XPS 600, GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz [Intel64 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4] (2 processors)
8GB Ram
HT Omega Striker 7.1
MSI N430GT 2GB GPU
1TB x 4 internal HD's

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition, (06.01.7600.00)
Finale 2012c.r13

"There is a world of difference between a person who has a big problem and a person who makes a problem big." – John Maxwell

Post Edited (Charles Lawrence) : 2/9/2013 9:00:00 AM (GMT-6)

eamusic
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 2/11/2013 8:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for the reply, but I'm a Mac user. I see that the scripts are in .xml format. I created them on a Mac and wonder if tey got transformed when I emailed them to myself. Perhaps that format (like .exe) is not used on Mac?

I believe they are in the correct folder at this point but they aren't showing up when Finale is open. Also, can't open them to copy and paste the script manually into Finale script. Sure would like to use them again. They speed things up considerably.

Many thanks for taking the time to help!

Eric Alexander
E. Anthony Music

Charles Lawrence
Registered Member

Click to send Charles Lawrence email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Charles LawrenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 3638

Posted 2/11/2013 10:28 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
An XML file is a pure text file.  open them in any text editor.  You may not have the XML file extension associated with opening in any particular program on your computer.  Not being a Mac user, I can't give much more advise.  I'm sure if you post this question on the Mac side of the forum, you will get more exposure, and there will be some Mac guru's who can give more detailed advice.

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!"

Dell XPS 600, GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz [Intel64 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4] (2 processors)
8GB Ram
HT Omega Striker 7.1
MSI N430GT 2GB GPU
1TB x 4 internal HD's

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition, (06.01.7600.00)
Finale 2012c.r13

"There is a world of difference between a person who has a big problem and a person who makes a problem big." – John Maxwell

Robert P.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Robert P.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 1691

Posted 2/20/2013 10:21 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Eric,

The scripts should lie in:
/<home folder>/Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale 2012/Finalescript

and not
/HD/Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale 2012/Finalescript

(and yes xml files are unicode text files!)

Robert

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, 4GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.4.11 / 10.5.8 / 10.6.8 / [Win XP/7]

Jon Burr
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Jon Burr's website.Send a Private Message to Jon BurrAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2010
Total Posts : 16

Posted 6/4/2013 8:39 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When I upgraded, I found the old script files didn't work... I ended up pasting the scripts from the script editor in the old version of Finale into the editor in the new version and saving them.

Jon
Finale 2012 Mac