Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Can I import finale files made in PC to Macintosh  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Reuben Ware
It's easier to have the last word----Yes dear!

Click to send Reuben Ware email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Reuben WareAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 126

Posted 6/30/2013 11:03 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have been using Finale for many years now and have lots of scores for PC.  I just bought a Macbook Pro because I have had it with Windows.  Is there a way to transfer my old PC files to the Mac format?  Thanks Reuben Ware, Atlanta, GA

<B>Finale 2012C, Garritan JABB3, Garritan GPO4, Kurzweil PC88mx, Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit)

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 6/30/2013 11:51 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes, should be no problem at all. Burning them to a CD, or a thumb drive is probably the easiest way.

Enjoy the Mac, and don't get frustrated at the few changes!

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Volunteer notation editor (The Gang of Eight) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012c on Mac 10.8.4
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 6/30/2013 12:19 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Reuben Ware said...
Is there a way to transfer my old PC files to the Mac format?

From 2002 onwards, the file formats are (supposedly) the same and will open on either platform. You may need to change font names of fonts that are not common to both platforms, i.e. anything that's not Maestro, Times, Helvetica, Engraver, Petrucci, etc.

"This is me helping."

Finale 2012c, 2.6Ghz 2012 MacMini 16Gb RAM (10.8.3)
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

Reuben Ware
It's easier to have the last word----Yes dear!

Click to send Reuben Ware email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Reuben WareAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2000
Total Posts : 126

Posted 6/30/2013 12:24 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks Mike and Wiggy. I'm glad that all the old work is not lost and as soon as I get the new mac cable hooked into my Kurzweil I'll be in business. Reuben

<B>Finale 2012C, Garritan JABB3, Garritan GPO4, Kurzweil PC88mx, Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit), Macbook Pro (Finale 2011.r2 for Macintosh.

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 6/30/2013 4:17 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
And of course, feel free to vent here, when the shortcuts you're used to have changed!

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Volunteer notation editor (The Gang of Eight) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012c on Mac 10.8.4

jhnjohn
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to jhnjohnAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2013
Total Posts : 1

Posted 2/20/2014 6:15 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you are looking to transfer iPhone 5 files to mac system then it is easy and possible with iPhone transfer software.This tool easily helps to transfer files and create backup. It is easy to use this tool and transfer all type of data like contacts, journals, message etc. Does not show any type of error message which users face from inbuilt application. Transfer iPhone 4 Files to Mac is easy with this tool.

Mike Rosen
himself

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 2/20/2014 10:44 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
alert sent.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012c, 2014a on Mac 10.9.1