Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale 2014: Text problems in .eps exports  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

goldrich
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to goldrichAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 1999
Total Posts : 35

Posted 2/23/2014 6:12 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
For years I've been producing high-quality documents containing text and musical examples using openOffice Writer, with Finale graphics exported as .eps files, printed to PDF with PDF995.

This no longer works. Worst case, when my lyrics use the FinaleLyric font, the lyrics in the final PDF are gibberish. Now, interestingly enough, the lyrics are fine on the openOffice screen, as well as on the output of the native OO PDF export routine (which is unfortunately of low quality). But they fail to print true under PDF995, which has worked flawlessly in this regard for years; and, further, when the .eps file is opened in GSview, it is also similarly corrupt.

Now, I have solved that part of the problem by substituting Times New Roman for my lyrics. But just when I thought I was out of the woods, I had a case where the initial letter of the staff name ("V" from Voice) had migrated to the middle of the first measure. Again, fine on the OO screen and fine on the OO PDF export; defective in PDF995 and in GSview, and the PDF output is crucial to me.

(Same situation whether it's my WinXP desktop or my Win7 laptop.)

This used to work! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks --

-- Fred Goldrich

Fred Goldrich
Finale 2014

goldrich
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to goldrichAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 1999
Total Posts : 35

Posted 3/1/2014 1:02 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Update: MM Customer Support has determined that this is a bug that needs the attention of the development team.

To reproduce it simply, begin with the supplied file, "Worksheets & Repertoire / Repertoire / Classical / Vocal / Schubert Ave Maria.musx," and select m. 11 using the graphics tool. (Attached selection_screenshot.gif shows selection).

Export the graphic as an .eps file, and open it with GSview. (See attached eps_screenshot.gif.) Two error messages appear regarding the construction of the .eps file; and notice that in the measure number ("11"), one of the 1s has dropped out and the measure number now appears as "1."

Fred Goldrich
Finale 2014

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
selection_screenshot.gif
  1.29Mb (image/gif)
This image has been viewed 190 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
eps_screenshot.gif
  253KB (image/gif)
This image has been viewed 192 time(s).