Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Fin2001d Web Page Not Showing On-Line  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

goetkemj
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to goetkemjAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2002
Total Posts : 4

Posted 6/21/2002 5:07 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am running Finale 2001d for Windows on Win98se. I have the newest default.htm file downloaded in my Finale 2001d folder. I have downloaded and installed the SmartMusic Viewer for Windows. I am trying to post my music on my webpage which is hosted through AOL. When I save my music as a web page, I am able to view the music when I open up the web page from my hard drive. However, when I upload the .htm file and the the .MUS file to my online web space, the music fails to open, and then AOL crashes. I searched through the other posts, and tried resaving the .MUS file with all lowercase letters (xxxxx.mus). There are no spaces in the file name, and the file name is only 3 characters. I've noticed this problem with many other posts, but I have used all suggestions listed, with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Matthew

KigD
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit KigD's website.Send a Private Message to KigDClick to Add ScratchfromStart to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add Softfade@hotmail.com to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Jul 2001
Total Posts : 260

Posted 7/10/2002 12:24 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On 6/21/2002 10:07:00 PM, Matthew Goetke wrote:
>I am running Finale 2001d for
>Windows on Win98se. I have
>the newest default.htm file
>downloaded in my Finale 2001d
>folder. I have downloaded and
>installed the SmartMusic
>Viewer for Windows. I am
>trying to post my music on my
>webpage which is hosted
>through AOL. When I save my
>music as a web page, I am able
>to view the music when I open
>up the web page from my hard
>drive. However, when I upload
>the .htm file and the the .MUS
>file to my online web space,
>the music fails to open, and
>then AOL crashes. I searched
>through the other posts, and
>tried resaving the .MUS file
>with all lowercase letters
>(xxxxx.mus). There are no
>spaces in the file name, and
>the file name is only 3
>characters. I've noticed this
>problem with many other posts,
>but I have used all
>suggestions listed, with no
>success. Any help would be
>greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>
>Matthew

Matthew,
The best way to place your songs on a website is by saving it as a .MID. It isn't good to post it as a .MUS file beacuse the users who visit will have to have Smartmusic viewer. What you could do is save it as a .MID file and post it there. Or, you could make a link where a user can download the .MUS file and then view it with Finale.

Danny M
AIM Screen Name= SniperDanny

www.geocities.com/kiggyd12345
K2xL.com