Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > SmartMusic - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Coat of International Postage !!!!!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

AndyZ
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to AndyZAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 13

Posted 9/9/2005 4:35 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi

I love Smartmusic and everything it offers. I am even prepared to pay  out the reasonable sums for  the sheet music to allow me to play along with Smartmusic (I mostly use it for Scales and Exercises).  However, what I can't believe is that i will have to pay $38 for shipping 1 page (or maybe 2) of sheet music from the USA to teh UK. Surely it will cost much less in reality. ideally I would like to receive it by electronic means so that I get instant use . (Sales would go up too.) There are plenty of e-sheet music systems on the web thedse days. cCouldn't Smartmusic espouse one of these ?  And if not is there a way I can avoid havingto pay $38 for a letter from America ?

thanks

Andy

AndyZ
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to AndyZAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 13

Posted 9/9/2005 4:40 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
oops my spelling is terrible.  I meant cost of postage not coat. Also other typos:sorry .

Tyler
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TylerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2001
Total Posts : 3586

Posted 9/9/2005 8:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I believe MakeMusic ships with FedEX, and so that might account for the high price. Have you checked with the publisher of the music to see if they can get it to you for less, or if perhaps they can recommend a dealer? You can also e-mail customer support directly at winsupport@makemusic.com or macsupport@makemusic.com.

Windows XP, all updates

Wiley
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to WileyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 11

Posted 9/15/2005 9:22 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Also something to consider. Most SmartMusic accompaniments are drawn from standard editions of the original music that can be bought from any retailer, you do not have to purchase it from MakeMusic to be sure of a match. The publisher for any particular piece is listed in SmartMusic, making it easy to identify what you need to buy.

Jason Wiley
Repertoire Development Admin.
MakeMusic, Inc.