Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Sixteenth Note Swing Expression  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Vdrummer
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VdrummerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 151

Posted 1/19/2015 3:39 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

I'd like to find or create an expression showing two sixteenth notes equalling two swung sixteenths. There is a similar expression for eighths but not for sixteenths in Fin 2011. Does anyone have something like that here that they can share or explain how that might be created?

Thanks,

Brad

Image Attachment :
Sixteenth to Swung Sixteenths.png
Sixteenth to Swung Sixteenths.png   14KB (image/png)

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 1/19/2015 5:04 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You can create it yourself. In the expression window, you have access to the notes. The "triplet overbar" is in the Maestro Times font. You enter it between the eighth and sixteenth.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer notation editor (The Gang of Eight) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012c, 2014d, on Yosemite 10.10.1
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Post Edited (Mike Rosen) : 1/19/2015 4:17:44 PM (GMT-6)

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
swing.png
  41KB (image/png)
This image has been viewed 508 time(s).

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 5408

Posted 1/19/2015 5:13 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In Maestro Times:

Shift Option O
Option U, then Shift E
=
Shift Option R
Shift Option C
Option ` then Shift U

Easy as pie, right?

Bill

Finale 2014d (all versions since 1.0)
Finally made the move from my trusty 2011c
Staff Paper and #2 Pencil with eraser
OS 10.9.4 on one, 10.10.1 on another

Vdrummer
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VdrummerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999

Posted 1/19/2015 5:17 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Mike,

That helps. I don't see the triplet overbar. Do you know the keystroke combination? is there anyway to have the first two sixteenths beamed together?

Thanks,

Brad

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 1/19/2015 5:28 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes. Follow Bill's instructions, just above your post.

Like he says, piece o' cake!

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Volunteer notation editor (The Gang of Eight) for the Barbershop Harmony Society

Vdrummer
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 1999

Posted 1/19/2015 5:30 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Bill,

I almost have it. I'm good up to Shift Option C. What's the rest? I'm coming up with something strange for the last 16th note.

Thanks,

Bill

Vdrummer
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 1999

Posted 1/19/2015 5:32 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is the thing after Option and before Shift U a special character?

Vdrummer
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 1999

Posted 1/19/2015 5:39 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I figured it out! It's the thing under the tilde! Thanks, Mike and Bill!

It was the one key I forgot to press!

Vdrummer
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 1999

Posted 1/19/2015 5:42 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Can I save it to Finale's expression settings and not just the document?

Mike Rosen
himself

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 1/19/2015 6:21 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Only if you put it in your default documents. Or, just save it in a separate doc, and when you need it, copy it in.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Vdrummer
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 1999

Posted 1/19/2015 6:27 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Great, thanks!