Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > OS X Sibelius Demo  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

rsigler
Registered Member

Click to send rsigler email.Click to visit rsigler's website.Send a Private Message to rsiglerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 138

Posted 4/13/2002 6:06 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just saw the demo posted for Sibelius 2 for OS X. I wish Coda would release Finale for OS X. OS X is a great operating system that has been out for over a year.

Any word Coda?

Thanks,

ROB

musicofnote
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit musicofnote's website.Private Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2001
Total Posts : 490

Posted 4/13/2002 9:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes, I DL'ed the demo - it wants to install
software I already have (the sib fonts and
carbon 1.5) on my OS9 system, so it ain't
going there (typical Sibelius - not smart
enough to actually look to see what's in
the system folder, just toss the junk
in...reminds me a little of a certain
WA-state company).

Anyway - until I can actually see that
Sibelius is usable, it'll remain shelfware.
There were so many things I couldn't do
with 1.4 that were a snap in Finale that
I've only still got 1.4 on the hard drive for
the chance that I can transfer out "save"
from 1.4 to 2.0.

While OS X is a great system and I hate it
everytime I have to work in Finale as a
classic app under OS X, I'd rather Coda
get it -right- than have them release a
quasi-useful program like Quickeys X
which is a waste of time to even install
when compare with the OS 9 version...

greetings

Leonard Cecil
ACE-[SYSOP] on Compuserve
Music of Note
http://www.music-of-note.com

Matthew Hindson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Matthew HindsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 406

Posted 4/14/2002 1:49 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Did you know that Quickeys X 1.5 has recently been released? Now you can actually do things like access menus in applications - whoopee!

I've tried out Sibelius 2 today, and it seems to be an improvement over older versions - more flexible. You can move articulations now. Bar numbers, too.

Still not enough to get me to consider moving from Finale though. There are so many ways in which Finale is better and more efficient when entering music, in particular.