The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=23&m=408658
Posted By : don612 - 10/8/2013 8:38 AM
The teacher subscription need to have EVERY BIT of functionality available:

1. The ability to demonstrate SM in front of a class (using projector): show students how to log in and enroll, etc. I was told by SM tech to use the website gradebook.smartmusic.com to do this. It crashed in front of my class both times I tried it. THE SOFTWARE NEEDS TO DO THIS.

2. The ability to log in all students on MY COMPUTER using the teacher Sub to demonstrate, diagnose and help students with out going to a practice room sub. I can do this type of demo QUICKLY for individual students DURING the rehearsal in the short bits of time here and there while students are setting up and I can't go to a practice room to do it.

Come on! The teacher sub is a high priced piece of the SM program and it needs to INCLUDE these items!!

Posted By : Dan S - 10/9/2013 3:25 AM
Agreed!

Posted By : Jim Jolley - 10/9/2013 8:24 AM
Don612

I am able to do both of the things you are asking through smartmusic teacher subscription, so i am confused as to why you aren't able to.

Jim Jolley - Band Director - Center Hill Middle School

Finale 2008a, 2009b, 2010a, 2011b, 2012b - Smartmusic 2012b - Garritan CoMB - Vista

Posted By : don612 - 10/9/2013 8:27 AM
A 2013-14 teacher sub using the most recent software version will not allow a student to log or create an account on to your teacher computer. I hope I am proven wrong.

Posted By : don612 - 10/9/2013 11:13 AM
CORRECTION: My SM teacher sub DOES allow my students to log in on my computer.

Posted By : don612 - 10/10/2013 3:38 PM
CLARIFICATION: The teacher sub WILL allow students with a Paid Sub log into the teacher computer. about 15 % of the students in my program do not have a paid sub and rely on my 3 testing stations to test their weekly assignments. Since they are the new "practice room subs", students with out a paid sub can use these. Students with out a paid sub can not log into my teacher computer and I believe they should be allowed to as part of the teacher Sub. There would really be no downside to allowing this unless SM thinks I am going to allow kids to test on my own laptop which I doubt anyone would ever do.