The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=23&m=103555
Posted By : Howie J - 2/3/2005 10:08 PM
I created a Smart Music Accompaniment of Eugene Bozza's Badinage for Trumpet and Piano. I created the accomp. because it was previously unavailable in the Smart Music Library. I read through the legal mumbo jumbo and found that there is a reason I'm a musician and not a lawyer. Can pieces that are copyrighted such as these be posted??? or sent to smart music to add to the library?? or would they not use a customer genereated accomp. I'm sure I'm not the first one to look for this piece since it is a fairly well known piece of trumpet rep. If other players could be helped by my efforts, great. I just want to make sure I'm following all the rules on this one.

Howie J

Posted By : Tyler - 2/4/2005 12:15 AM
We can't post anything to the Showcase that we don't own the rights for. So unfortunately this piece can't be posted. Thanks for offering it though! I played that piece myself back in my school days.

There are a number of pieces that publishers have not given MakeMusic permission to include with SmartMusic. I don't know if this is one of them or not. You could certainly request that they include it and offer to let them use your Finale file. I don't know how you went about creating the file, but typically they record the accompaniments from a MIDI keyboard in order to get a human performance.

Windows XP, all updates