The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=23&m=103646
Posted By : judith - 2/5/2005 9:55 AM
I have created files using Finale 2004 and they play back successfully on Yamaha DGX-300 Portable Grand.  The DGX-300 allows me to record to floppy disk.  Is there a way to save Finale created files onto the DGX-300 floppy? 

Posted By : Tyler - 2/6/2005 12:13 AM
In the future you'll want to post your Finale questions on either the Windows or Macintosh Notation forum. This forum is pretty much only read by SmartMusic users.

Depending on the type of files your keyboard can understand, you might be able to save your Finale file as a MIDI file for use on your keyboard. Open the Finale file in Finale, go to the File menu >> Save As. For the Save as Type, choose MIDI. For the "look in" field, choose your A: drive (3 1/2 inch floppy). Name the file and save it. See if it will open on your keyboard.

Windows XP, all updates

Posted By : judith - 2/6/2005 7:42 PM
Tyler. I tried this method. However, my computer does not recognize the DGX-300 floppy. There is an internal floppy device being recognized. So, looks like I'll have to add another piece of hardware to the computer. It was worth the try. Thx