The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=11&m=482209
Posted By : Axelin - 8/5/2016 3:46 PM
Hi there,
I have Finale 2012 and I'm interested in getting GPO 5 (the full package).
Is this worth doing for Finale users? Does the library respond to standard musical instructions for key-switching like the included GPO package does?
For example, play tremolo when applying the tremolo articulation, or play pizzicato when using finale's pizz expression assignment?
Even better, does it switch between non vibrato and vibrato when applying finale's corresponding expression assignment?
I've been watching some videos about GPO 5 and the sounds seem pretty neat. However, I use VSL and East West for music production, so for me GPO 5 would only be worth getting if it responded well within Finale to standard musical instructions for key-switching.

Thanks!

Posted By : Daz - 8/5/2016 6:47 PM
Hi Axelin

This post is probably better placed in the Windows forum.

GPO5 does support keyswitching, same as GIfF.
There is a lot of detail in the Finale user manual. Just do a search for "Garritan" like this

The full GPO also contains Intrument lists for Finale, and the manual that comes with GPO5 has a lot of details on how to get it to work with Finale.

Cheers...

Daz. :o)

------------------------
Finale 2006-2011 - Win7 64 bit

Posted By : Axelin - 8/6/2016 12:12 PM
Thank you DAZ!