The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=12&m=81719
Posted By : tubaman - 5/27/2004 8:29 PM
I do this alot and I get tired of having to select mass edit...select transpose...then go to down octave......is there an easier and shorter way to do this in finale 2004?

Thanks!:-)

Posted By : Per Ottar Gjerstad - 5/27/2004 11:23 PM
Yes, there is. You can highlight the area you want transposed (in mass mover tool) then press f.ex. 7. If you are doing this for the first time, you'll get a dialog box in which you can decide what this keyboard shortcut should do. Make your decision and click OK. The next time you want to transpose and octave down, highlight the area and press 7. For up one octave-transposing you could f ex use 8.
These commands will be stored in the document. You should implement these keystrokes in your default file so they work in new documents you create later.

Per Ottar Gjerstad

Maker of "Pers Lille Gule" ("Per's Little Yellow")
(the brass-teacher's heavy-weight allround book of solos and ensemble-pieces, all in one book.)

Posted By : Zuill - 5/28/2004 8:36 PM
I don't believe these are stored in the document. I use them and they function in any document.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004b, Win 2000 or XP

Posted By : Per Ottar Gjerstad - 6/1/2004 12:15 AM
Zuill,
try this:
-Start with a new default document and write some notes.
-Choose Mass Edit Tool and highlight some measures.
-Press shift+7 and you get a dialog box where you can specify which interval the keystroke should have in the future.
-Save your document and close Finale
-Open Finale again and open the document.
-Choose Mass Edit Tool and highlight some measures.
-Press 7 and the measures will now transpose according to your latest programming.

Per Ottar

Per Ottar Gjerstad
OS Win XP Home
1,3 GHz, 384 MB

Posted By : Zuill - 6/4/2004 1:11 PM
That is true. Now, open a new document. Create some notes, highlight the measure and press 7. They will also transpose. What I am saying is that once you set the transposition, it can be used in other documents as well. It is saved as a program option, not a document option. You don't need to re-save the transposition for each document.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2004b, Win 2000 or XP

Posted By : fx0147 - 11/6/2004 2:12 PM
My transposition shortcuts are blocked and i don't know how to change them :
6, 7 and 8 are set to transpose down octave.

How can i change those shortcuts ?

Posted By : Peter Thomsen - 11/6/2004 3:06 PM
fx0147 said...
My transposition shortcuts are blocked and i don't know how to change them :
6, 7 and 8 are set to transpose down octave.

How can i change those shortcuts ?

Switch to Mass Edit Tool, hold down Shift, and hit the number key.
You will get the dialog box Transposition where you can set the transposition interval you want.

Peter

Posted By : fx0147 - 11/6/2004 6:21 PM
thank you very much peter.