The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=23&m=376743
Posted By : ckubly - 8/13/2012 7:34 PM
I have created SmartMusic files through Finale of our marching show music. I understand how to import them into SmartMusic and they work beautifully.

I want to use these files with my marching band students here at school and also for them to use at home.

I can load the files on all the computers here at school, but I also want them to be available by my students who have home subscriptions. Is there
a way to get these files where students can import them through SmartMusic? How do I accomplish this?

Or do they have to load the files on their machine by use of a thumb drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted By : cdykstra - 4/14/2013 9:28 PM
I share mine with the students via Google Docs - it works well, but so does the thumb drive or even e-mailing the files as attachments - they aren't that large. :-)

Posted By : Seth Adams - 4/15/2013 7:15 PM
Ckubly,

Thanks for posting. If you assign the SMP file to your students through Gradebook, the file will load locally onto your students computers. They will then be able to access the SMP from their 'My Accompaniments' library in the future.

Seth

MakeMusic, Inc.

These on-line forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our technical support staff, please contact us directly at www.smartmusic.com/support.

Posted By : Dan S - 9/6/2013 6:56 PM
Seth is right, you can assign it... but then it's attached to your grade book. SM claims that support practice, but the program is set up for assessment. The only way you can assign something for "practice" is if it was made by SmartMusic.

Dear SmartMusic, let's us "recommend" SMP files that we create!

I do know multiple band directors that post their SMP files to a band web page, but that's such an unnecessary step in the 21st century. We need SM to fix this problem.

Dan