Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums >  Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED! Forum Quick Jump

Viewing user profile for : David Young : chambermusic
About Me 
Profile Created :9/27/2000 4:21 AM
Total Posts : 2694
Interests : Composer classical - romantic chamber and orchestral music, Piano Rags
Contact Info
E-Mail Address :Unavailable
Private Message : Send a Private Message to David Young : chambermusic

Last 5 Posts
ThreadForumPost Info
 WHICH DAW?
Hi David, I completely agree that a DAW doesn't use the same terminology that we're used to. Inserting a measure is a perfect example of this. I have no trouble using Kontakt with Logic Pro. What...
Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED!David Young : chambermusic
7/31/2016 1:37 PM
 WHICH DAW?
What do people think of FL studio? My 19 year old son wanted it so I bought it for him. He just wants to write background music for games, so I imagine that FL is fine for that. I use Logic Pro, but...
Finale - Windows - FORUM HAS MOVED!David Young : chambermusic
7/30/2016 11:27 PM
 Moving rests vertically, nudging expressions
Oh, Thanks! That is nice to know! (learned something today). In Finale 2009, I would find that when I had a slur over a tied note, and the slur and tied go to the first note, that the slur was a...
Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED!David Young : chambermusic
7/30/2016 11:15 PM
 endless labour, no end in sight?
I find Patterson beams useful and I generally like the default settings... for the most part. Do any of you have comments about the setting that you prefer for a "professional looking engraving"?...
7/30/2016 11:10 PM
 Extracted one part, now ONLY that part plays on *full* score
I agree with Zuill, as long as you don't plan on any later changes (or you are willing to keep track of those) make a second copy of your full score. Call it Patrioticoverture2.musx rather than...
7/19/2016 3:41 PM