Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > score playback with kontact  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

robertcomposer
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to robertcomposerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 14

Posted 11/29/2005 12:32 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK so I purchased the Garriton Orchestra in order to play back my orchestra piece. Will not work. Seems that the minimum hardware requirements will not come close to what is needed in order to play back an entire orchestra score.

Have any of you had sucess? What hardware/Ram works for you?

I currently have a Mac G4, 1 gig RAM. What should I purchase to get the best results?

Thanks!

drburt
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to drburtAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 3

Posted 11/29/2005 7:47 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have a G4 DP 1.25 GHz w/ 1.5 GB RAM.

I have maxed out Finbale's limited implementation - 4 x 8 patches of PO.

I have noperformance problems and I have 280 MB stil free.

I am only playing back - via MOTU's 2408 card. No <IDI in for now.

What's happenening with your setup?

For me the big limitation is the failure to include a SAVE button on the Kompakt players.

This means loading 32 instruments manually one at a time for EACH of my HUNDREDS of existing Finale files.

Makemusic has confirmed:

Saving Finale doc as a tempolate does not address this problem.

Finale cannot save the Kompakt contents as a library.

This makes the GPO not usable for existing Finale files - unless you can hire an assistant to load in 3200 patches per 100 finale files!!

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 11/30/2005 12:20 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
drburt said...
I have a G4 DP 1.25 GHz w/ 1.5 GB RAM.

For me the big limitation is the failure to include a SAVE button on the Kompakt players.

This means loading 32 instruments manually one at a time for EACH of my HUNDREDS of existing Finale files.

Makemusic has confirmed:

Saving Finale doc as a tempolate does not address this problem.

Finale cannot save the Kompakt contents as a library.

This makes the GPO not usable for existing Finale files - unless you can hire an assistant to load in 3200 patches per 100 finale files!!

One solution is to create a document (or several documents with your GPO instruments loaded already. Copy and paste your old files into the new pre-loaded GPO document.
BTW, This discussion really doesn't belong in this plug-in forum.

JT

G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.2, 1.67 mhz, 1.5 gigs ram

drburt
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to drburtAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 3

Posted 11/30/2005 1:08 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

Cutting and pasting one Finale doc into another requires, at a minimum setting up the right number of staves. Only recently has Finale been able to paste cresc & dim wedges. Will the page size, margins and system spacing also paste? Will the page numbers, text blocks manual spacing, staff spacing, optimization, midi assignment of staves, metatools and all other elements of the score be pasted in as well? These are very time-consuming aspects of score prep in Finale. Just to get GPO to playback, is it worth having to redo or check these other items?

Do you know a secure method of transferring all data to a template? Otherwise seems safer to manually load the 32 instruments into the 4 Kontakt players, no?

Excuse me if this discussion is in the wrong place. - this is my 2nd post to this forum and this is where I found the question about GPO. But this is the space for Finale PlugIn Development, and Kontakt GPO is bundled by Makemusic as a plugin to Finale.

If this is the wrong place, what is the right place?
Could we have a forum moderator explain this to us?

Michael Good
MusicXML Maven

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Michael Good's website.Send a Private Message to Michael GoodAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 1299

Posted 11/30/2005 1:30 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Plug-ins in Finale are what you see in the Plug-ins menu. They're developed using the C++ programming language. This doesn't include Kontakt playback. It's a bit confusing because a lot of VST / AU features are called plug-ins in other programs.

If you're on Windows, use the Notation - Windows forum; on Mac, use the Notation - Macintosh forum. You'll probably get a lot more help that way!

Michael Good
Recordare LLC