Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > HP playback  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

scott amman
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to scott ammanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/19/2006 4:39 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am having troubles with HP. I write for drumlines and need flams and diddles to playback correctly. In 2006 It seems like one or the other. With HP (marching band) on, my diddles are fine but I can't get the grace notes of the flams to play close enough to the primary note to sound right. I have changed the EDU setting all the way down to 1 but it does not sound any close that around 50 or 60. If I turn off HP then the flams sound great but there are no diddles.

I had absolutley no problems in 2005 with this. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Finale support told me to post here in the hopes that the HP plug-in developer could help as it is a plug-in issue (according to them). Maybe something change from 2005 to 2006 that I don't know about.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

NCdrummer
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to NCdrummerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 33

Posted 1/19/2006 5:45 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Scott,
Try using Plug-in>TG tools>Smart playback and see if this corrects the problem. I tried it the other night and my diddles played ok and flams were alright; however, my rolls were not so great. Also, do a search using Joe Maroni as search term. He has done a lot work with rolls, flams, and other grace notes. I also posted in the Notation forum information about my problems with flams, diddles, etc. a couple of days ago---look for "open stroke rolls or lack there of". Good luck!

NCdrummer

Scott (NCdrummer)
Finale 2006b (purchased Jan 2006-first Finale product)
Windows 2000
PC laptop
Entry level Finale user