Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > The Japanese Chromatone Finale Plugin  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

John Keller
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John KellerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 145

Posted 4/10/2007 10:11 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK, who made this plugin? It has some features that I would not have thought possible!
Like individual staff line formatting (the bold lines alternate with normal). The notehead font they use has the "internal" legerlines as part of the notehead, so they must use a percussion map staff setup, and yet they have all the different types of rhythmic noteheads. I am also interested as to whether they have the ability to "transnotate" traditional notation into chroma, via a blank staff style copied over the music. And specially whether they can do this for music in a key signature without transposing it.

The link http://yaplog.jp/naruhodo/ gives the Finale plugin download, as well as a lot of pdf files in their own chromatic staff notation. If you look at the YouTube videos, this 6-6 chromatic keyboard is certainly impressive.

ShowPan2512
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit ShowPan2512's website.Send a Private Message to ShowPan2512AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 298

Posted 7/2/2007 11:44 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In just one word: Fabulous!

Samantha Penigar
Finale 2007c, Garritan Personal Orchestra, Sonar Home Studio 6 XL
HP Media Center XP, 2.8gHz processor, 2GB Ram, 300GB Harddrive
Sennheiser HD 280 pro earphones.

John Keller
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John KellerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 145

Posted 7/4/2007 2:58 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Showpan,

What exactly did you mean is Fabulous?

I had forgotten I wrote this question about the Chroma notation plugin. Since then I have found more information about it. The music seems to be written in traditional notation then two plugins are applied, one changes the noteheads to the chroma notehead font, and the other changes the pitch so that the diatonic staff becomes a chromatic staff, ie successive lines and spaces are a chromatic scale. But this makes the notation correct in appearance only. If Finale then plays the song, the intervals come out all wrong! I found this out by asking a Japanese Finale user to send me a MUS file of chroma notation.

On the other hand, i have developed a way to instantly translate traditional notation into alternative notations such as Chroma without changing the notes that Finale plays. So I think my method is superior to the chroma download plugin.

John