Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Conversion to PDF  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

DafyddP
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DafyddPAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 5/14/2008 12:48 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi

Is there a utility that can take a folder of .mus files and convert them all to PDF files? (Or better still, many .mus files to a single PDF file).

I use Finale 2004 for Mac.

many thanks,
Dafydd

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 5/14/2008 11:35 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You don't say which version of Mac OS you are using. As you are using Finale2004, you might even be running OS 9.

In OS X, this would be very easy, using Automator to construct an Applescript that would open each file and Save As PDF from the print menu. You could even set up Folder Actions, so that any Finale document placed in a particular folder will cause the script to run.
Once the files are PDFs, you could use Preview to join the PDFs together (Leopard only). You can script/automate this, too.

Depending on what OS version you are running, and what other software you have (Acrobat?), there are other solutions to your problem.

Finale 2008b, 2Ghz iMac, OS X 10.5.2, M-Audio Audiophile USB
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk

"I don't need user friendly. I need user obedient."

Post Edited (Wiggy) : 5/14/2008 10:48:17 AM (GMT-5)

DafyddP
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DafyddPAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 5/15/2008 1:05 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi

thanks for the reply. I ended up installing CUPS-PDF and then setting that as my default printer, then using the finalescript batch print method. Then I used automator to join the PDFs together.

I'm running Finale 2004 on Tiger, I think (10.4)

cheers,
david

Ron Porter
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ron PorterAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 23

Posted 5/27/2008 10:16 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Create PDF files quickly and easily!

Affordable solutions to create high-quality PDF with multilingual support!
PDF4Free and PDF4U products create PDF files from any Windows application running on Windows Vista, Windows NT (SP3+), Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003/2008. The PDF creation products install themselves as print drivers, all you have to do is to click "Print" from your application to create PDF files.

PDF4U version 2.00 is now available!

PDF4U version 2.00 has solved the compatibility issue with Microsoft Word 2007, enhanced PDF document resolution up to 2540 dpi, and the process of PDF creation is incredibly fast. The upgrade is free to all registered users. Visit the download section to install the new version.

PDF4U can be used for the following purposes:

Create non-editable documents for agreement, quotes, proposals, invoices, etc.
Convert Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD drawings, e-mail to PDF files.
Make electronic copy of existing hard-copy prints.
Save web pages in PDF format for future references.
Convert images in PDF format or make PDF album.
Make PDF version of your Visio documents.
Convert Postscript .PS files to PDF format.
And more ...

http://www.pdfpdf.com/