Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Miroslav Philharmonic -VST Plugins  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Doriant27
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Doriant27AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/12/2008 9:38 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings,

I recently purchased Miroslav Philharmonic-I am using it for recording purposes quite successfully. I'd like to now begin using it with Finale. I installed it on the PC I write on, but have not been able to use it yet with Finale. I went to Midi VST setup (assuming that was the right place to start) but Mirolslav doesn't appear there. I'm kind of thinking it's only a matter of dragging a Miroslav file over to the VST plugin folder...but am not really sure.

Any help or insights would be appreciated. 

Doriant27
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Doriant27AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted Today 2:15 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Well, it took a while but I think I found the answer to my own question. I hope this information helps any one else who might be looking to figure out something similial in regards to 3rd party plug-ins. Havn't tried this yet but i am optimistic.

In addition to the Garritan and Tapspace Instruments, Finale 2009 supports the use of any third party VST or AU instrument plug-in for playback. To set up a VST/AU instrument plug-in in Finale 2009, follow these steps:

1. Establish a location for your entire VST/AU plug-in collection. Choosing a single location for your VST/AU plug-in .dll or .component files makes it simpler for programs like Finale to access.
    • On Windows: We recommend that you create a folder within the Program Files folder called "VstPlugIns". Many third party libraries will install plug-in .dll files to this folder automatically. Once you've found or created this folder, move or copy your VST plug-in’s .dll file to it.*
    • On Mac: Most third party libraries will install AU .component files to the Hard Drive > Library > Audio > Plugins folder. Some software companies also use the User > Library > Audio folder. Make sure your AU plug-in’s .component file is in this folder.*
  2. Activate your VST/AU plug-in in Finale. Once you have moved or confirmed the location of your VST or AU’s .dll or .component file, in Finale 2009, from the MIDI/Audio menu, use the Manage VST/AU Plug-ins window to locate the appropriate folder mentioned above and add it to the Plug-in Directory by clicking the Add button and choosing it here.

Once you have added your VST/AU plug-in directory in the Manage VST/AU Plug-ins window, you should now be able to access it through the MIDI/Audio menu under Instrument Setup > VST/AU Instruments. The instrument should function similarly to the Garritan/Tapspace Instruments for Finale.

* If you can't locate or are not sure what your VST/AU instrument plug-in’s .dll or .component file is, please contact the manufacturer of your VST/AU instrument for further help.

See Also:

Freitas
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to FreitasAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 8

Posted 8/22/2008 8:59 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, I also tried to use another VST, the Vienna Instrument .dll with Finale 2009, but it did not work either. I proceeded as indicated in the other post, and as it is in the User Manual, but there is an error 196 (probably with the mechanism of authentication)… I use already the VST VI as standalone player and with Sonar 7, and it works nice. Makemusic must launch an update as soon as possible, because it will soon be recognized as a bug, an important one.
Bye.

francois_harel
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to francois_harelAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 557

Posted 10/27/2008 9:55 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,
However, F2009 support EWQLSO in the hosted version. I can also use it as standalone via LoopBe. Great !

Francois Harel, Montreal, Canada
QX9650 3.0 GHz on Asus Maximus Formula, 4Gbytes, 4 SATA2 drives. XP Pro and Vista x64.
Finale 2009, Sonar PE 8
Kontakt Player 2 and Kontakt 3, fullGPO, JABB, CoMB
EWQLSO PLAY Silver and now, Platinum Plus
Edirol UA-1000, M-Audio Keystation Pro 88