Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Mandolin voice (instrument) is not available.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

raycretired
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit raycretired's website.Send a Private Message to raycretiredAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2008
Total Posts : 5

Posted 10/8/2008 1:24 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Howdy.  Using Finale 2009, I have imported a few midi's that have a mandolin voice involved.  The file is imported fine and plays; however, while the the instument is shown to be a Mandolin,  the second line which shows the actual voice (instrument) being used, shows the instrument selected as a fiddle. Clicking the dropdown menu beside the fiddle, the total list of instruments available doe NOT show a mandolin as being available.  That is strange because you can set up a default file using a mandolin with no problem.  What is it that I am  not understanding? 
Thanks gang.   Ray Phillips, USN Retired  :-)

tbmartin
Yuba-Meister

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit tbmartin's website.Send a Private Message to tbmartinAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 1684

Posted 10/9/2008 8:31 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I responding to this thread only so it bumps the spammer off the front forum page! I sent an alert to the forum moderator.

Terence
Saxophone Quartet Arranger
Using Finale 2003a, Windows 2000 XP Pro

tbmartin
Yuba-Meister

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit tbmartin's website.Send a Private Message to tbmartinAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 1684

Posted 10/13/2008 7:47 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Another "bump the spammer off the front page" post. Man, they're getting worse. I hope your mandolin question gets answered, Ray.

Terence
Saxophone Quartet Arranger
Using Finale 2003a, Windows 2000 XP Pro

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Forum Admin's website.Send a Private Message to Forum AdminAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 106

Posted 10/27/2008 10:21 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi Ray,

When Finale's setup wizard creates a mandolin staff it uses the Acoustic Gutiar (steel) sound as it's the closest sound match in the included GM list of sounds. In your imported file go to Windows>Instrument List and change the mandolin staff playback to Acoustic Gutiar (steel) for the same effect. It's not perfect, but it's closer than fiddle!

I hope this helps,

Scott