|MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Plug-In Development - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Moving the Jazz font's eigth rest dots ||Forum Quick Jump|
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 310
| Posted 8/21/2016 12:19 PM (GMT -6) |
|In Finale's jazz font, the dots after eigth rests are placed far right by default. Sometimes, this might be good, sometimes not. To control that better, I wrote the following small JW Lua script. Maybe it's of some use for some of you. A replacement by -20 EVPUs (thus 20 to the left) gives good results, but feel free to change that default value in the opening dialog.|
Please don't mistake it as a Finalescript, it's a JW Lua script.
finaleplugin.RequireSelection = true
finaleplugin.Author = "Harald Schollmeyer"
finaleplugin.Date = "21.8.2016"
finaleplugin.AuthorEmail = "[email protected]"
finaleplugin.CategoryTags = "Region, Rest"
return "Move dots", "Move dots", "Moves the dots of dotted eigth rests horizontally"
local str = finale.FCString()
str.LuaString = "Move dotted eigth rest dots"
local dialog = finale.FCCustomWindow()
local static1 = dialog:CreateStatic(0, 3)
str.LuaString = "Horizontal dot offset in EVPUs:"
local edit1 = dialog:CreateEdit(130, 0)
if dialog:ExecuteModal(nil) == 1 then
local offset = edit1:GetInteger()
local dotmod = finale.FCDotMod()
for entry in eachentry(finenv.Region()) do
if entry:IsRest() and ( entry.ActualDuration == (finale.EIGHTH_NOTE + finale.SIXTEENTH_NOTE))
dotmod:SetNoteEntry( entry )
dotmod:LoadRestDotAt( entry )
dotmod.HorizontalPos = offset
dotmod:SaveRestDotAt( entry )
Finale 3.0-2014.5, german edition, Windows 7
lots of hardware synths/keys, Cubase 7 / trombonist, pianist, conductor / Recklinghausen, Germany
|Back to Top|
Ralph L. Bowers Jr.
Date Joined May 2012
Total Posts : 883
| Posted 8/21/2016 9:00 PM (GMT -6) |
|Tried running plugin and it stops its run here: local dialog = finale.FCCustomWindow()|
Running [Move dots] ======>
[string "function plugindef()
..."]:12: attempt to call field 'FCCustomWindow' (a nil value)
<======= [Move dots] FAILED.
UPDATE: Works fine now after I updated my Lua to the most recent jwlua-beta-v0_45
Finale 2010b, 2011b, 2012c, 2014d, 2014.5 TGTools Pro, Patterson plugins, JW plugins (current for each Finale Instalation)
Sibelius 6.2, 7.1.3, 7.5.1, 8.4.1, Write Score Sound Sets, TMT Publisher Bundle Plugins, Bob Zawalich plugins, Dolet 6.6
Print Music 2004, 2010a, 2011a, 2014a
Progression, Progression 2, Progression 3, Notion 4, [Notion 5, (bought but not installed)update finally installed]
Pro Tools 9.5, Reaper
GPO4, GPO5, World Instruments
SmartScore X Pro, SmartScore X2 Pro, PhotoScore Ultimate 6 & 7 & 8.04 ( 7 has some utility----best of those available, 8 has some issues that need fixing)
M-Audio "Oxygen 25" Midi input keyboard (recent addition 2014)
Systems (5) // Windows XP Pro (32bit), [email protected] Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Pro, Windows 10 64 bit, 4GB - 16GB RAM
Paper & Pencil
BMus, MM (Musicology)
Post Edited (Ralph L. Bowers Jr.) : 8/21/2016 9:43:41 PM (GMT-5)
File Attachment :
Move Dots jwLua.musx 86KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 235 time(s).
|Back to Top|
|Currently it is Thursday, December 12, 2019 1:37 PM (GMT -6)|
There are a total of 403,820 posts in 58,165 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
|Forum powered by dotNetBB v2.42EC SP3|
dotNetBB © 2000-2019