I just received Finale 2004 over the weekend and have been checking everything out, and have come up with some necessary patches and updates:
1) For Two-Staff Analysis of a piece, please let Finale read all layers and incorporate them into the chord symbol. As of now, it only reads one layer.
2) Also involving Two-Staff Analysis, the symbols are not always consistent in flats and sharps. It seems to have particular problems with diminished chords. For example, I analyzed a chord containing a D# - A - C# (a D#dim7 chord) and the analysis came back with an Ab5/D# . Where it got the Ab, I don't know, but this is not the only instance in which it has mixed accidentals when it shouldn't have. Another example of this is analyzing a A# - E - G# (an A#dim7 chord), which comes back with a Eb5/A#. Another example is when I had a C#/E# chord. The chord symbol said C#/F, so I tried to change the definition of the chord, but every time I would click OK it would still say C#/F . Also, a C - E - B chord (Cmaj7) comes back G11/C .
3) Also, please have the Two-Staff Analysis take into consideration any pitches being held. If I have a whole note A being on beat 1 and a D major chord in the right hand play on beat 3, analysis of beat 3 should still give a D/A symbol instead of just D.
4)Allow ties to connect across multiple endings.
That's all I can think of for now!