Q: I have problems installing the driver from the CD that came with the Uno (CD Version 093003). What can I do?
A: A new Uno driver has been released since the Uno was shipped to the stores. We recommend to use this driver instead of the one from the driver CD. Please click on the link below to download the latest Uno driver.
1. Click here to download the latest Uno driver
2. Make sure that the UNO is NOT connected to the Computer before continuing!
3. Click “Save” and browse to a location on your harddrive where you will be able to find the downloaded file (e.g. the Desktop). Then click “Save” again.
4. Locate the downloaded file and double-click it. An Installer Window will open up.
5. Click “Next” in the welcome screen
6. If you are running Windows XP or Windows 2000, a “Windows Logo Testing” or “Digital Signature Not Found” message will be displayed. Click “Continue Anyway” or “Yes”.
7. Click “Finish” in the last screen of the installer.
8. Connect the MIDISport Uno to an available USB port on your computer (do not use a USB hub during the installation).
9. Additional “Windows Logo Testing” or “Digital Signature Not Found” might be displayed if you are running Windows XP or Windows 2000. Make sure to click “Continue Anyway” or “Yes” every time this message pops up during this installation.
10. You may or may not be prompted to restart the computer. Please restart the computer when being prompted.
If you don’t have the possibility to download the latest driver for the Uno from our driver download page, you can also install the driver from the CD although we don’t recommend this. Here is how this can be done:
1. Right-click on your Computer’s desktop and select “New” and “Folder”.
2. Insert the Uno driver CD into your CD-ROM drive.
3. Browse to the CD-ROM drive (PC Installer) and double-click the folder “Installer XP,2000,ME,98,95”
4. Double-click the file that is found in this folder (MS_Uno_4116 .EXE)
5. In the window that opens up, click on “Browse”, locate and click on the “New Folder” that you have created on your desktop. Then click “OK”
6. Back in the previous window, click “Extract”.
7. The following dialog will be displayed: “Extraction completed. Do you want to run the following program? #install.txt”. Click “Yes”.
8. The document that opens after clicking “Yes” contains instructions on how to proceed through the rest of the installation, categorized by Operating System. Please follow the instructions for the Operating System you are running.