Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale crashes when using FS  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Aleph
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to AlephAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 27

Posted 11/10/2007 8:20 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
After a lot of hesitation, I finally decided to start using Finale script. But everytime I run a script, even those that already come with Finale (like "A Simple script: Respacing the Document"), the program crashes. I am running Finale 2007C on Windows XP.

After crashing,I sometimes get the following Windows message:

The instruction in "0x07d8c590" makes reference to the memory in "0x00000004". The memory can not be written.

I will very much appreciate any help.

Mauricio

Aleph
Finale 2007c - Windows XP

Post Edited (Aleph) : 11/10/2007 7:16:58 AM (GMT-6)

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 11/10/2007 1:03 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Mauricio,

Can you post the exact script that you're running that is causing the crash? Also try to detail the exact steps you take which precede the crash.

JT

G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.8, 1.67 GHz, 1.5 GB ram

Aleph
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to AlephAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2004

Posted 11/11/2007 10:45 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. This is what I am doing:
open Finale / I open th default document / I press Ctrl + Alt + Q to open the Finalescript plug-in / I run the script called "A Simple script: Respacing the Document" (respace) / then I run the one called "Units Example" (unit evpus - staffline thickness 6
- page format 21x29.7 cm - beam thickness 24) / then it crashes

It also crashes when I run a Finalescript with the only instruction: hide time signatures

Thanks!

Aleph

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 11/11/2007 12:09 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm sorry I can't duplicate your problem. When I open a default document and run those exact scripts, everything behaves normally with no crashes.

Perhaps you should contact tech support with this specific problem.

JT

G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.8, 1.67 GHz, 1.5 GB ram

Aleph
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004

Posted 11/12/2007 12:14 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jetcopy,

I have asked for advice to Finale's Tech Support. I hope they can figure out what's happening.

M

Aleph

menkenman
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to menkenmanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 4/22/2008 1:33 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Aleph,
One of the best ways that I've found out to solve a problem, and things especially with error codes. Just take your error code, and any other important error info and google it. This is one of the fastest, and easiest ways to solf A LOT of problems with a computer.