Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Update to FinaleScript in Finale2008a  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Robert P.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Robert P.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 1691

Posted 12/6/2007 5:34 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Merry Xmas!

No Finalescript's not dead! Santa has resurrected it!

I guess some of you might be interested in details on Finalescript fixes and improvements in this colorful maintenance release:

Finalescript:
- Help buttons have been hooked, and FS Help section is much improved.
- Many fixes to Finalescript engine.
- Batch processing open documents worked erratically.
- Calling plug-ins from a script was broken.
- Menu item command with hierarchy (ex: menu item "document/page format/score") did not work with the slash '/' but only with semicolon ':'
- Saving as MIDI was broken on Windows.
- Swap font or or font search and replace result was not visible immediately on screen.
- Search/Replace File Info was broken.
- Search and Replace can now be be specified the additional following attributes: articulations, group names, subtitle, composer, arranger, lyricist (on top of the existing: expressions, lyrics, staff names, staffstyle names, copyright, file info, file description).

Text Search & Replace (TSAR, in Edit menu):
- a Help button has been added, and TSAR Help section is much improved.
- Many fixes to the search/replace engine. In particular, File Info support was broken.
- The specific search options are now unchecked by default, which makes using those much easier.
- Articulation characters and Group names can now be searched and replaced.

Cheers,
Robert

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, 3GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.4.11 / [Win XP]

Benjamin Tubb
Registered Member

Click to send Benjamin Tubb email.Click to visit Benjamin Tubb's website.Send a Private Message to Benjamin TubbAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2000
Total Posts : 903

Posted 12/17/2007 7:27 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks Robert! cool And may you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!

As I've recently upgraded (on 12 Dec) to F2K8 and now updated to F2K8a, I'm most interest in using Finalescript to "unobstrusively" convert ALL of my 3000+ files to the latest version using the included script (Convert files in Folder to latest version). In regards to HP playback though I'd sure like to see its "HP Preferernces" updated to include a "current tempo duration percentage" modifiable value for Fermata playback preferences. Likewise for playback interpretations of ritardandos (rit., ritard.) and rallandtandos (rall., ralland.)  _independently_ (I consider the latter "slower" than the first). tongue

Benjamin Tubb, Finale Engraver
F2K8a with Windows XP Pro
Webmaster of Public Domain Music (www.pdmusic.org)
Editor and Compiler of
Henry Clay Work: Complete Songs and Choruses
(Kallisti Music Press, 2002)

Benjamin Tubb
Registered Member

Click to send Benjamin Tubb email.Click to visit Benjamin Tubb's website.Send a Private Message to Benjamin TubbAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2000
Total Posts : 903

Posted 12/22/2007 1:10 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I just "discovered" that you developed the F2K8 "File/Score Merge" _program integrated_ NEW FEATURE "plug-in". VERY WELL DONE .. a fantastic convenience which appears to work _flawlessly_ and is very well thought out in it options too <g>. Now to get some songbooks of my favorite 19th century composers' "merged"!

Have a Merry Christmas! and a Happy New Year!

P.S. What do you think of Sibelius 5's new Plug-in (and in effect _development_) feature suporting "in-line" C++ code and editing?

Benjamin Tubb, Finale Engraver
F2K8a with Windows XP Pro
Webmaster of Public Domain Music (www.pdmusic.org)
Editor and Compiler of
Henry Clay Work: Complete Songs and Choruses
(Kallisti Music Press, 2002)