Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Playback  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

acpence
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit acpence's website.Send a Private Message to acpenceAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 12/20/2007 5:53 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have just started to use the playback features on FINALE. I had no idea how powerful they were....
I have a 2-bar repeat (no 1st or 2nd ending) and I want the instrument to play the pickups out of the repeat. How do I set the playback so that the notes do NOT sound until the last time through?

Thanks for your help.

ACE

MacBook Pro
Finale 2006d
Yamaha s80

A-C
finale 2006d smart score yamaha s80

Benjamin Tubb
Registered Member

Click to send Benjamin Tubb email.Click to visit Benjamin Tubb's website.Send a Private Message to Benjamin TubbAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2000
Total Posts : 903

Posted 12/22/2007 10:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You have to create/define a 2nd ending with the Repeat Tool. If by pickups you mean a partial measure, then you must split the measure first before using the Repeat Tool on the last part of the measure's "pickup". Use the Time Signature Tool to set the actual time signatures need for each of the splt measures, but have the set/use the current one. I'd also use a "double bar-line" between the measures to identify them easier.

Benjamin Tubb, Finale Engraver
F2K8a with Windows XP Pro
Webmaster of Public Domain Music (www.pdmusic.org)
Editor and Compiler of
Henry Clay Work: Complete Songs and Choruses
(Kallisti Music Press, 2002)