Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale Script Key Transpose Proportionally  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Rupert Higgins
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Rupert HigginsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 8/3/2008 4:27 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Finalescript Plug-in help file, under Utilities Menu Commands and Miscellaneous, lists the "transpose" command with optional attributes:

"transpose to G major/minor (+ attributes)"

What are those possible attributes and what is the syntax to call them?? 

How about "Transpose all keys proportionally" -- that's an attribute I'm dying to call and can't figure out how!!
Please advise!! freaked

(The only other time the help file uses a "+" sign is regarding the clef command optional "treble + '8'" instead of "tenor" -- tried every possible combination of treble+8, treble8, treble'8' to figure out what they mean by the "+" sign and nothing worked as a substitute for "tenor".)

Post Edited (Rupert Higgins) : 8/11/2008 3:31:58 AM (GMT-5)

hedge
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to hedgeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 24

Posted 8/3/2008 12:05 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am also wondering about the exact same thing

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 8/3/2008 4:49 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
From the 2009 Finalescript documentation:

Finalescript Helpers

Developing scripts quickly and easily requires access to all Finalescript's extensive library of commands. Because of this, Finalescript includes instant access to all commands in its dictionary through a context menu available in the Finalescript Editor. If you are unsure of the exact language of a command, type your best guess, and then Control-click to display all commands that resemble the abbreviated text. Choose the desired command to enter it into the Finalescript Editor.

This was from the Mac documentation, so the windows keystrokes might be different than control-click. But using this resource will display all possible syntax options.

JT

G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.11, 1.67 GHz, 2 GB ram

hedge
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to hedgeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 24

Posted 8/4/2008 9:20 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Finalescript Editor does show a list of commands in Windows but it is of hardly any help as I can't guess for the life of mine what "(+ attributes)" could be, as merely suggested in the documentation. I mean how much more vague can "transpose to G major/minor (+ attributes)" get?

Rupert Higgins
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Rupert HigginsAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 8/5/2008 3:47 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jetcopy:  Thanks for chiming in.  Unfortunately, in Windows anyway, control clicking gives you only options to complete the command you've started typing--no full syntax, no options for attributes.

For example:  if I type "ke" and control click, it gives me the options "key" and "keys."  So I choose "key."  Then I control click again and get nothing.  If I then type "D" and control click, I get a ton of options that start with D, only 2 of which might be useful:  various versions of d flat and d sharp.  No D Major or D Minor.  And of course, if I type in D Major and control click, I get no options for attributes.

Does the MAC version give you full syntax??  If so, please type "key" or "transpose" and control click and tell us poor fellows what the rest of the syntax is.

Hedge:  Thanks for feeling my pain.  Let's see this one through till we get a solution.