Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Please Help!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Hans Nel
Registered Member

Click to send Hans Nel email.Click to visit Hans Nel's website.Send a Private Message to Hans NelAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 129

Posted 5/16/2009 7:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi there, I'm just wondering how I can chance the "TITLE" of a score (or any other system text blocks eg. "Description", "Composer") using Finale script 2009.
I tried:

score title = "Sonata"

but this doesn't work.

Thanx

SING PRAISES UNTO HIS NAME!

"Until the New Theology can produce the sinless character of the Old Theology,it (the New Theology) stands challenged." -Henry Fosdick

Sahara Laptop, 2 Gig memory, 1.7Ghz Intel Centrino CPU, Realteck Sound Device

Windows Vista, Finale 2009b, Sonar 7

WendyMac
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to WendyMacAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 3

Posted 8/16/2009 4:33 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I'm doing it by specifying the font attributes just before putting the field into a text box.  While I'm not changing the font FACE (just the size) you should be able to do face as well.  I saw somewhere on the forum that you may need to use "RAW" for the font face as in

type "RAW" "Sonata"

Here is a piece of my script showing just one of the text blocks I place.  (I do this instead of using a Document Style because the arranger I'm working with is used to his own way of doing things.

//============TITLE BLOCK center of first page
text tool
double click
menu
item "Font"
type 24 near "Size"
click "OK"

menu item "Title"
press enter

menu item "Font"
type 12 near "Size"
click "OK"

menu item "Lyricist"
press enter
menu
item "Composer"
press enter

menu item "Center"

menu item "Frame Attributes"
dropdown "Single Page"
type 1 near "Single Page"
dropdown "Center"
dropdown "Top*"
dropdown "Page Margin"
check "*edge of frame"
type 0 near "H"
type 0 near "V"

click OK

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 8/16/2009 5:08 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hans Nel said...
Hi there, I'm just wondering how I can chance the "TITLE" of a score (or any other system text blocks eg. "Description", "Composer") using Finale script 2009.
I tried:

score title = "Sonata"

but this doesn't work.

Thanx

If you have the default "Title", "Composer", etc.... on your page, use something like this:

menu item "file info"
type "Sonata" near title
press ok

G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.11, 1.67 GHz, 2 GB ram

WendyMac
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to WendyMacAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2009

Posted 8/16/2009 5:26 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Ooop...sorry...somehow I read it that he was trying to change the FONT for the title!

Say Jetcopy...any chance you can tell me how to put a text string into a text box with script?  I'm able to put in FIELDS, and I'm able to type text into dialogue boxes, but trying to put my own string of characters into a box I just can't do!  I'm looking to have one text block that has INSERT elements (which I'll indicate below in [brackets]) plus some plain text:

[Title] - page [p]

WendyMac
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2009

Posted 8/16/2009 6:07 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I have at least found I can do:

press space
press "-"
press space
press "p"
press "a"
press "g"
press "e"
press space

I'm not successful using:

type " - page"

Thanks for any insights!

Kelby
MakeMusic, Inc. Employee

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to KelbyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 69

Posted 9/16/2009 1:25 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Are you reading the online user manual for how to format search and replace under finalescript?

swap font or search and replace should do the trick

Kelby

"Talent Borrows, Genius Steals" Igor Stravinsky