Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > changing stem lenght in selection  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

s.n.e.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit s.n.e.'s website.Send a Private Message to s.n.e.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2002
Total Posts : 119

Posted 6/25/2009 5:27 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is it possible to change the stem length within the current selection only? This would be comfortable for passages with tremolo articulations that make longer stems necessary. But I can't address the special tool for stem lengths.
Something like "set stem length to 0,8 cm" changes ALL stems via the Document Options.
Thanks,
Soren

Soren

Fin2008a, WinXP

s.n.e.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit s.n.e.'s website.Send a Private Message to s.n.e.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2002

Posted 3/12/2010 9:10 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
^
Bump.

I just upgraded to F2010. Is this possible in the new FS?
I can't seem to make it work.
Ideas, anyone?

Thanks,
Soren

Soren

Fin2010b, WinXP

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 3/12/2010 8:02 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Using the Stem Length tool, you can lengthen all of the stems in a measure together, but I don't see a way to extend that.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

WebMaster for the Seattle SeaChordsmen www.seachordsmen.org
NEW SITE www.specialmillwork.com/finaletips.htm

Print Music 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010; Finale 2010b
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

Favorite reference: Essential Dictionary of Music Notation, Gerou & Lusk, 1996

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Davidmorehead
Registered Member

Click to send Davidmorehead email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DavidmoreheadAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 2203

Posted 3/12/2010 9:20 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Mike Rosen said...
Using the Stem Length tool, you can lengthen all of the stems in a measure together, but I don't see a way to extend that.

You can make the stems longer in one measure (using the special tools icon) and then copy the stem length to other measures using the selection tool with a filter.

When you enter the edit filter...Make sure the only item that is checked is "stem and beam alterations".

David Morehead
Finale 2010-Sony Vaio Laptop
TGTools Full Version
Roland Sonic Cell
Finale user since 1990.

s.n.e.
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2002

Posted 3/13/2010 7:51 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for both of your replies. I hadn't thought of using the filter-copy mechanism. That will make work much easier especially in rhythmically not-too-complicated sections.
Thanks,
Soren

Soren

Fin2010b, WinXP