Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Does anyone actually use Finale Script?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Peter West
Registered Member

Click to send Peter West email.Click to visit Peter West's website.Send a Private Message to Peter WestClick to Add p.west@mac.com to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 4272

Posted 1/5/2010 10:26 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
After appearing to be the answer to a lot of my dreams, Final script seems to be very disappointing. I have been looking at the sample scripts that ship with Finale 2009. The short very simple ones seem fine, but I think there must be some bugs in the scripting language. I have trashed Finale 2009 preferences as a precaution.

When I run Reset transposition metatools it sticks at

Press command + Shift + "8"
Check "down"
Check "diatonically"
Click "octave"
Type "0" in "octaves"

(resetting metatools 6 and 7 works fine)
At this point it forces all measures in the file onto a single system and locks the system.

Peter
Music Publishing Services

Mac 2.66GHz Intel Quad, 4GB RAM /OSX.5.6 /30 inch cinema display+20 inch Cinema Display
Finale 2008a 2009a/Logic Pro Studio/Komplete/GPO/Kore 2/Max.msp/Pluggo

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 1/5/2010 2:59 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Peter,

I do use FS everyday. I have a couple of lengthy scripts that I use. Then did take a bit of trial and error to perfect.

When I tried the above script, and it worked for me. It brought up the transposition dialog box and selected the items you listed. Not sure why we have different results.

JT

G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.11, 1.67 GHz, 2 GB ram

SF
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to SFAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2001
Total Posts : 1555

Posted 1/8/2010 3:37 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Peter,

I also use Finalescript extensively for my work. I even use the newer version (from 09) in FIN08. Lots of power here, you just have to have patience in learning the language. Some of my scripts are hundreds of lines long. There are some hickups that happen from time to time but overall the plugin is wonderful.

Cheers,
SF

Peter West
Registered Member

Click to send Peter West email.Click to visit Peter West's website.Send a Private Message to Peter WestClick to Add p.west@mac.com to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 4272

Posted 1/8/2010 6:37 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks guys. I must have a problem specific to my system setup

Peter
Music Publishing Services

Mac 2.66GHz Intel Quad, 4GB RAM /OSX.5.6 /30 inch cinema display+20 inch Cinema Display
Finale 2008a 2009a/Logic Pro Studio/Komplete/GPO/Kore 2/Max.msp/Pluggo

murt
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to murtAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 7

Posted 1/27/2010 9:03 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes it works I've recently quit using my quickeys set up and replaced all my hot keys w/finalescript versions...once you learn the ins & outs it runs very well!

You have to be careful that you don't accidentally use any of Finales preprogramed keyboard shortcuts as hotkeys for Finalescript...I ran into a problem using " Ctrl, opt, C " which Finalescript showed as being ok to use... but when it ran the script it apparently saw the CTL, C before "option" and opened measure attributes....once I realized where it was hanging up It was an easy fix !

Good Luck

Paul

Thanks !

Murt

MBP 2.33 Core Duo
3 GB Ram
Finale 2004-2010a
Quickeys X3
GPO & a bunch of old synths!

Robert P.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Robert P.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 1691

Posted 1/28/2010 1:25 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Paul,

As a suggestion, you may add a message "Go ahead?" command in front of any shortcut-based sensitive scripts to avoid this.

Robert

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, 3GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.4.11 / 10.5 / [Win XP]