Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finalescript to change Letter to A4 Portrait  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Brett C
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Brett CAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2001
Total Posts : 30

Posted 4/22/2010 11:59 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Okay,
No doubt this has been discussed elsewhere. I would like to batch process the folder of Finale Worksheets to A4 Page size. Any ideas?
Why don't FINALE give you an option when installing the program to select A4 as your default page size? I have read several other posts about making A4 the default by changing the pagesize.txt file etc, or altering the Maestro font Default.
All of the above don't seem to work. Please help.
Regards,
Brett

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 4/23/2010 9:02 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Brett C said...
All of the above don't seem to work. Please help.

All of the above DO work. Altering pagesizes.txt to being A4 to the top of the list makes it the default option in Setup Wizard. You need to change the paper size in Page Format of Maestro Font Default (AND any Document Style documents you may have); THEN Redefine all the pages in Page Layout menu.

One problem with batch processing the paper size is that A4 and US Letter are different proportions. A4 is taller and thinner. So you will probably need to adjust a lot of page items to accommodate this.

Finale 2009c, 2Ghz iMac; 2Ghz MacBook, 10.6.3
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk

James L
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to James LAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 46

Posted 4/23/2010 11:54 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Brett,

I just tried this out and it seems to work:

batch process folder
process subfolders
page layout tool
menu item "Page Size..."
dropdown "A4*" near "Page Size"
check "all pages"
button "ok"
menu item "Redefine Pages/All Pages*"
button "ok"

Before you run this I would make sure that your "File/Printer Page Setup" is set to A4 to be on the safe side (are you running Fin2010, because this menu item is different on previous versions? I think it might just be "File/Page Setup" on 2009 and earlier).

When you run this script it will ask you to define the folder for processing. Just locate the "Finale Worksheets" folder in the prompt window and click "ok". If you've already defined a different folder for batch processing you may need to reset the folder selection. I'm not 100% sure how to do that, as batch processing is a new thing for me.

Now, this should process all the subfolders and all the sub-subfolders. I did a test by putting most of the files from the first subfolder into a sub-subfolder and it found them and processed them without a hitch.

Wiggy said...
One problem with batch processing the paper size is that A4 and US Letter are different proportions. A4 is taller and thinner. So you will probably need to adjust a lot of page items to accommodate this.

Yes, this is definitely something to watch out for. However, I think it's probably more relevant when you're dealing with detailed or dense scores and parts. The Finale Worksheets generally appear to have pretty simple layouts that aren't overly affected by the page size change.

Cheers,

James

Finale 2000, 2004-2010
Dual 2.0GHz Power PC G5, 3.5GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
MacBook Pro, 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, OS 10.5.8
Sibelius 5.0