Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help
   
MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > batch conversion leaves out many files  Forum Quick Jump
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

DGGP
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit DGGP's website.Send a Private Message to DGGPAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2004
Total Posts : 43
 
   Posted 6/17/2010 12:26 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi
I'm trying to use finalescript to convert a folder of 2004 files to 2011. It converts some of them just fine, but balks on others, halting the batch conversion and presenting me with a save dialog box. Of a folder of about 30 files, it only did about 10 of the files itself.

I'm trying to see why it did some and not others. Is there a limit to the length of file names it can handle?

thanks,david
http://www.davidpowell.ca

Post Edited (DGGP) : 6/23/2010 9:16:13 PM (GMT-5)

Back to Top

Mircea
Registered Member



Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MirceaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableClick to Add mircea_fyn to Your Y! Friends List.Click to Add tv_mircea to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 642
 
   Posted 6/17/2010 3:46 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
... file names.

I can't help you here. I managed to convert 200 files in a folder. And I haven't found problems yet.

Still knowing finale and it's file names problems, I can't rule out your observations. I know I once had to eliminate any non-English characters and special marks except dashes, slashes and points out of file names, to be sure I won't get errors.


©1999 - 2010 E tot ce va spun!

Finale 2011
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Phenom II x4 965, 4GB RAM

Back to Top

Sasha.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Sasha.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 353
 
   Posted 6/23/2010 10:06 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I was just about to post a topic saying "Has anyone had a problem with Finalescript just not knowing how to batch files?"
I'm having the same sort of problem - I have a fairly complicated script and it works perfectly when I do it one file at a time, but as soon as I put 'batch process folder' at the top, the script forgets what it's doing and leaves out steps and just completely messes up.

So I don't know if it is the filename that's the problem as similar things happen elsewhere with Finalescript.


--Sasha

iMac 2GHz | OS 10.5.7 | 4GB Ram | Finale 2009c | Dolet 4.8

Back to Top

DGGP
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit DGGP's website.Send a Private Message to DGGPAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2004
Total Posts : 43
 
   Posted 6/23/2010 10:15 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That would be a good idea. I can't figure out now how to specify which folder to get finalescript to do its batch conversion on!! THe first time I ran it, it asked me. Now I think it just assumes I want to convert the same folder over and over again and I see nowhere to specify the folder. This was easier in Finale 2004!

cheers,
David

http://www.davidpowell.ca
Back to Top

Mircea
Registered Member



Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MirceaAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableClick to Add mircea_fyn to Your Y! Friends List.Click to Add tv_mircea to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 642
 
   Posted 6/24/2010 6:39 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Plug-ins > Finale script > Options > Check and Select batch folder.


If the script does more than just convert, there might be a problem related to some files having or not having the necessary content.

For example I was doing a long script on a folder and among others changing the Font for Staff Names. And I got a lot of strange stuff, until I checked and saw that some files didn't have a staff name, and because of that, some windows wouldn't open. The script would try to continue anyways, and start clicking the wrong places since the proper window wasn't opened.


©1999 - 2010 E tot ce va spun!

Finale 2011
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Phenom II x4 965, 4GB RAM

Back to Top
You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
   
Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, June 16, 2021 12:49 PM (GMT -5)
There are a total of 403,820 posts in 58,165 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads