|MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Ease of Learning and Use Ideas ||Forum Quick Jump|
Date Joined Aug 2000
Total Posts : 371
| Posted 4/23/2004 12:10 PM (GMT -5) |
One way to entice users to use FinaleScript is to make it attractive to work with. Presently, from my viewpoint, it is still in a very utilitarian stage. Here are some suggested enhancements for consideration.
- Have tool tips appear when the cursor hovers over the row of icons below the script list in the FinaleScript plug-in.
- If at all possible, find a way to allow the FinaleScript window and the Script Editor dialog box to be sizeable. It is no fun working in a small, cramped space. I expect the problem is that the box is a UserForm and not designed to change size on the fly. If they can be sized at some point in their creation, then possibly the Script Editor dialog box could be larger.
- If the Script Editor dialog box cannot be sized, then could a Ctr+A or Select All option be added? That would allow rapid transfer of the program to and from a word processing program for more extensive editing or to hold for cut-and-paste operations.
- It would feel tidier to have a place to save unwanted scripts for reference without cluttering up the script list, possibly in the style of folders.
- Consider a separate PDF FinaleScript Manual to allow a more leisurely, and example heavy, presentation of the language, somewhat in the style of the Information and Tutorial Manual. It could also include the demonstration scripts (easy source for cut-and-paste), show other examples, and expands on programming options.
Finale 2004a, Windows XP
|Back to Top|
|Currently it is Thursday, April 2, 2020 6:52 AM (GMT -5)|
There are a total of 403,820 posts in 58,165 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
|Forum powered by dotNetBB v2.42EC SP3|
dotNetBB © 2000-2020