Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help
   
MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > @Robert Piechaud: I try to change characters in text blocks and it dosn't work.  Forum Quick Jump
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Ansgar Krause
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ansgar KrauseAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 416
 
   Posted 7/21/2004 11:56 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It is one of the extended characters, the « (option-q) and the » (option-shift-q) on Mac.
Instead they should be replaced by option-? and option-! in one of my personal fonts, where they look different than usual.
Am I too stupid or is it a bug that Finale doesn't replace the characters?

Thanks for help - I have plenty of files to change!
Back to Top

Robert P.
Registered Member



Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Robert P.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 1691
 
   Posted 7/21/2004 4:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Ansgar,

I assume you refer to the German Mac keyboard.

I took 30 sec. to create the following script:

search "«" replace "¡"
search "»" replace "¿"

...that was succesful for me.

If you use a specific font, you might write:

search [font1] "«" replace "¡" [font2]
search [font1] "»" replace "¿" [font2]

Let me know if it doesn't work for you. If it does, you can batch process your many files!

Best regards,
Robert
Back to Top

Ansgar Krause
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Ansgar KrauseAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 1999
Total Posts : 416
 
   Posted 7/22/2004 8:52 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks, Robert, but it doesn't work.
First I thought it would do it with the german language ("suche" instead of search and "ersetze" instead of replace), but it does simply nothing.
No - it seems to do something but there is no result.

I DID succeed in changing "times" to a different font, but not the desired charcaters in a textblock.

- Ansgar
Back to Top
You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
   
Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:37 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 403,820 posts in 58,165 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads