|...I've been trying to play around with the FinaleScript tool, but it really seems incredibly limited to me. I know it's probably a nice first step, but wouldn't you guys have been better off simply by giving us a macro recorder that would just record keystrokes and actions and then play them back? Which the script tool can't even do!
Here's what I was trying to do. With a SATB and piano accompaniment, I'd like to:
1. Select the first staff (soprano)
2. Change the midi parameter to continuous controller 10 for pan and pan it hard right.
3. Select all the other staffs and pan them left.
4. Save special as a wave file.
5. Come back to the file and select the second staff (alto) and pan it hard right.
6. Pan the others hard left.
7. Save special as a wave file.
Do this for all parts and I have a rehearsal CD for my choir with four tracks, one for each of the parts where the specific part is panned hard right so they can rehearse.
But FinaleScript can only do the very first step, none of the rest.
I really believe that this script ALONE would be a HUGE seller to many church composers out there.
...where composers learn and share